Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: The Ian Peak Collection - Part 3

Spgeti...... yes so cool eh........... If you can cast your eyes at the flag marshall standing by those 44 gallon drums [which was used in that time] he would be standing on the wrong side or 2 close to them lol, probably filled with water , looks like the elbow bend that had caught many out , & look at those people looks like a time warp , not sure what year a car went into the cattle truck & trailer & people lost their life, great piks guys thank you ............

Grant, bet you got a good haul of empty bottles from under those trucks for you pocket money.

But please note that the Mk 1 Consul from previous pictures is missing.

Yep , flag marshall there on warm up lap only ??. 2nd pik shows suspension cranking on cars... Roddy ummmmm you see I used to get $1 a week for cuuting fire wood , bringing up the cool & mowing lawns true story , so when we went to motor racing weekends I was hunting for empty fizzy bottles lol & I saved , my XU1 I did a few super car races in plus 3.3 victor hill climbing in early 70,s were on tik [HP] I worked at freezing works & carted hey in weekends to fund my drug habit [car racing]....... This is not a special poor me story cause I know for sure most of you did the same thing I did ok considering as you all did & do ..... but interesting eh ..... the mustang was the money eater engines now 40k a pop silly pre 65 rules dont get me going on that one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Yep , flag marshall there on warm up lap only ??. 2nd pik shows suspension cranking on cars... Roddy ummmmm you see I used to get $1 a week for cuuting fire wood , bringing up the cool & mowing lawns true story , so when we went to motor racing weekends I was hunting for empty fizzy bottles lol & I saved , my XU1 I did a few super car races in plus 3.3 victor hill climbing in early 70,s were on tik [HP] I worked at freezing works & carted hey in weekends to fund my drug habit [car racing]....... This is not a special poor me story cause I know for sure most of you did the same thing I did ok considering as you all did & do ..... but interesting eh ..... the mustang was the money eater engines now 40k a pop silly pre 65 rules dont get me going on that one lol
    Yep the old apprenticeship during day and then work in takeaway bar from 7 in evening until 1 in morning Thurs, Frid, play rugger on Saturday afo and then into shop for night and then after awhile have the money to buy a good car and then the ones you have been serving all hours, pissed, etc say ' nice car, your lucky'. Remember my old man telling me to get just a old shitter and then stop worrying about where you park etc. And he wanted his garage back.

Graeme Lawrence winds up the ex-Amon Ferrari on his way to a well earned 4th place.

Name:  Lawernce Ferrari 246T.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  132.9 KB

Grable leads Norinder, Max Stewart, and Pierre Phillips.

Name:  Grable Norinder Stewart Phillips.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  148.0 KB

Geoff Mardon in the Begg

Name:  Mardon FM2.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  123.7 KB

Early race battle, with Mike Goth leading Graham McRae, Kevin Bartlett, and Graeme Lawrence.

Name:  1970 race.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  171.5 KB

Ummmm, a Formula Libre race, maybe? Other than Jim Boyd in the beautiful T70, who are the others?

Name:  Lola T70 Jim Boyd.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  166.7 KB

And again, is that Grahame Harvey in the Elfin?

Name:  1970 race2.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  150.0 KB

Yes- in its very early colour of light blue . Probably still has the big block 396 in it

[QUOTE=Steve Holmes;31101]Ummmm, a Formula Libre race, maybe? Other than Jim Boyd in the beautiful T70, who are the others?

Name:  Lola T70 Jim Boyd.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  166.7 KB[/QUOTE ]

Well the second car is the JRM sports of Bob Hyslop, and I think the Lotus XV may be John Armstrong. Interested to find out who is the Gold Leaf-liveried #70.
    Last edited by GD66; 07-23-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Well the second car is the JRM sports of Bob Hyslop, and I think the Lotus XV may be John Armstrong. Interested to find out who is the Gold Leaf-liveried #70.
    Kelvin Cameron BT21 ?
    Cheers

Was this qualifying? G Harvey and J Boyd did not like one another - I think this was Boyd's final season...and it was all on!

Hey guys, thanks for that. Michael, I didn't that about Harvey and Boyd.

Can anyone help here with ID's?

Name:  1970 single seaters.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  172.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Can anyone help here with ID's?
    #67 is Graham Baker #15 is Wayne Murdoch [as seen in the pit shot your post #30 Steve, with Kelvin Cameron car #70]
    Last edited by Kwaussie; 07-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.