Thread: Hi from Martin Edinborough

Cool Hi from Martin Edinborough

I was pointed at this page after posting some of my late father-in-laws photos from the Pukekohe 30th anniversary event and the Peter Styvesant NZIGP.

Pat Lambert was assistant starter to Laurie Powell for a good many years and has taken many photos.

The photos and 35mm slides have started to decay so I scanned some of the better ones and have put them up on Facebook.

I have started uploading them to this site. I will be continuing to do so as time permits.

I also have some photos and a Kodak photo paper box that is full of black and white negatives, these need to be scanned and uploaded.

I was a member of NSCC for a few years and was involved with events ranging from Gymkhanas at Dunkirk Road, Peter Hildreths farm, hillclimbs at Cosseys farm, National Rallys and marshalling at multiple rally venues in the Northern half of New Zealand.
    Last edited by martin.e; 07-25-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Bad spelling !!

Thanks Martin , nice of you to pop in & contribute , not only in NZ but history as well.. PS I love your city ............ Grant

Thanks Grant, I am still coming to grips with the uploading process at the moment. No doubt I will get it right....

Quote Originally Posted by martin.e View Post
    Thanks Grant, I am still coming to grips with the uploading process at the moment. No doubt I will get it right....
    Welcome Martin, look forward to you sharing those fantastic historic photos. If you have problems email or phone me and I will try and help out.

cheers Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Thanks Martin , nice of you to pop in & contribute , not only in NZ but history as well.. PS I love your city ............ Grant
    Hi Grant,
    Many of us have also fallen in love with 'Edinburgh' (capital of Scotland) over the years, but I think 'Edinborough' is Martin's surname, not location.
    By the way, welcome aboard Martin. You'll enjoying browsing The Roaring Session.
    Cheers, John

Thanks John for correction , I seem to speed read & do not read with ease , a problem I always had

No problem Grant. You're not the only one with that problem. There seems to be a direct correlation between my increasing age, and decreasing reading ability - funny that! John.

Welcome, Martin, what you say brings back memories RE " I was a member of NSCC for a few years and was involved with events ranging from Gymkhanas at Dunkirk Road, Peter Hildreths farm, hillclimbs at Cosseys farm, National Rallys and marshalling at multiple rally venues in the Northern half of New Zealand. ",
    I was also a member on NSCC 1967 to 1980, ish, [by 1980 belonged to 4 Car Clubs NSCC, Austin Healey, Triumph CC and NZ TR Register, so a bit busy in the scene ], my Uncle was a founding member of NSCC in the 1940's 1943 I think. , Went to events at Hildreths and Cosseys, from 1971 to 1978/80 approx, ran a Mini 850cc, then an Austin Healey Sprite of 1098 cc, followed by a 1971 Triumph GT6, did the NSCC Motorpsort Day in 1976 five events in the same day Gymkhana, Trial, Sprint, club circuit [ now gone ]at Pukekohe, more Trial then Hillclimb, (The Trial, from Mt Wellington to Pukekohe and after the sprints, to Cosseys at Drury ), then Hillclimb to finish, still have the entry book and the Trial Instructions and the results, then moved on to a Triumph TR4A " with IRS " which was the car had the most fun in, Hillclimbs Sprints Grasstrack and Trials. cheers, and welcome, R

Hi Martin, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its great to have you here. You'll find this to be a pretty good little community. Feel free to email me with help to upload your photos. I'd love to see them. Alternatively, I can upload them for you? My email address is: theroaringseason@gmail.com