Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build Thread: HMC Plymouth Cuda

Folks, an update on the Cuda build. All pretty self explanatory? Look at the size of that Hemi! Roolcage work is beautiful. The wheels aren't Minilites, they're a 3-piece wheels that looks very similar.

Name:  DSCF3010.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  132.3 KB

Name:  DSCF3067.jpg
Views: 2105
Size:  179.6 KB

Name:  DSCF3038.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  177.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Name:  DSCF3103.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  165.2 KB

Name:  DSCF3105.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  165.2 KB
    A short length of D16 reinforcing rod for a shifter, a cool unique touch.

Any updates on this monster?

Quote Originally Posted by rt6pack View Post
    Any updates on this monster?
    Glad you're enjoying 'em rt, here are the latest pics, in no particular order:

Name:  DSCF3091.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  148.9 KB

Name:  DSCF3141.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  110.1 KB

Name:  DSCF3217.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  152.0 KB

Name:  DSCF3220.jpg
Views: 1645
Size:  139.1 KB

Thanks for the update Steve. I thought the Cuda that Woody is building for ATA was cool but this one is something else!

Latest update pics from Bic, as follows:

"Hi Steve, its off now to acid dip, then a bit of light panel work & straight to paint. All the engine pieces are here, just a little romancing for a bit more power then final assembly".

Name:  DSCF3573.jpg
Views: 1479
Size:  156.7 KB

Name:  DSCF3689.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  171.9 KB

Name:  DSCF3715.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  168.7 KB

Latest update from Bic on the Cuda. Closing in on the finish:

"Engines being dynoed early next I hope, car is primed here, I get it out all “greyed” (which is most of the car) this Thurs, then it goes back for Blue a week later. Long time/motion story but that was the best way for me & the painter to maximize production. I’ll send blue pics through soon as its done, cheers, Bic".

Name:  DSCF3984.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  DSCF3986.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4114.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  171.8 KB

Latest update from Bic on the Cuda. Closing in on the finish:

"Engines being dynoed early next I hope, car is primed here, I get it out all “greyed” (which is most of the car) this Thurs, then it goes back for Blue a week later. Long time/motion story but that was the best way for me & the painter to maximize production. I’ll send blue pics through soon as its done, cheers, Bic".

Name:  DSCF3984.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  150.9 KB

Name:  DSCF3986.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4114.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  171.8 KB

Getting close now! The car is back from the painters, and final assembly has begun.

Name:  DSCF4309.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  176.9 KB

Name:  DSCF4273.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  176.4 KB

Quality personified.

Absolutely Shano, this is a hell-of a build with great quality and attention to detail!! my days of winning the race in the pits is over by the looks(buggar) have to try doing it back out on the track now but I can see the competition is heating up, its gotta be good tho.

Dale M

Are we going for the blaze of colour on the bonnet ?Name:  gurney barracuda 1.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  75.3 KB

Where is the "Like" button when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Are we going for the blaze of colour on the bonnet ?Name:  gurney barracuda 1.jpg
    Dale tells me it will be so mate! Drool.....

Now when is that car going to the track??

Watch this space team, heading the Rotorua yesterday afternoon I call in to Sonic Race and Machine to check this beast out, I was stunned at the level of construction and attention to detail, simply amazing and boy is that engine BIG.

Mike(Bic) Anderson is hard into it but is not sure when it'll be ready, certainly for the Festival and an outside chance for the Ice Breaker, and they want to test it as well. But please guys, Keith Sinclair has not raced cars for a long time and certainly not a machine like this(like giving a 5 year a loaded Magnum if you ask me) and I don't want to see any on track damage while he learns to drive it, as for the pits, I may as well give them the winners trophy now simply awesome.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Watch this space team, heading the Rotorua yesterday afternoon I call in to Sonic Race and Machine to check this beast out, I was stunned at the level of construction and attention to detail, simply amazing and boy is that engine BIG.

Mike(Bic) Anderson is hard into it but is not sure when it'll be ready, certainly for the Festival and an outside chance for the Ice Breaker, and they want to test it as well. But please guys, Keith Sinclair has not raced cars for a long time and certainly not a machine like this(like giving a 5 year a loaded Magnum if you ask me) and I don't want to see any on track damage while he learns to drive it, as for the pits, I may as well give them the winners trophy now simply awesome.

Dale M
    Between the return of the Red Dawson Shelby Mustang to electric blue and this tribute to the AAR Cudas, it looks like HMC will continue to rival F5000 at the Festival of Motor Racing next year. Then there's the promised 10 Aussie TransAms joining the fun - a grid of close to 25 musclecars is not beyond the realms of possibility. I can already see in my mind, the fans standing for this spectacle - along with the huge interest in the pits where Steve, Dale and the boys will put on something for fans to appreciate close up.

Yep, it is, just as pictured. The AAR cars didn't always run the orange and yellow hood stripes so I checked with Bic that they were going to do this.