Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Photos: The Peter Mellor Collection - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Attachment 20991

The guy with the camera is Bruce Burr from the Burr and Daniel Performance Centre who owned and prepared the Goldpower sponsered PH3.
    I don't think the guy with the camera in post#80 is Bruce Burr.

I think that is Bruce Burr leaning on the windscreen in post#79.

World Champion
    I will always stand to be corrected Terry, but they look like the same guy to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    I will always stand to be corrected Terry, but they look like the same guy to me as well.

Does it matter that their hair is parted on opposite sides?

World Champion
    I think we are looking at different people, both the gent walking away from the car and holding the camera and umbrella, and the guy in the blue suit leaning on the bonnet, are the same person. their hair is parted the same way

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    I think we are looking at different people, both the gent walking away from the car and holding the camera and umbrella, and the guy in the blue suit leaning on the bonnet, are the same person. their hair is parted the same way
    I will repeat my post #101: The guy with the camera in post #80 is NOT Bruce Burr.

Bruce Burr is the guy in post #79 leaning on the windscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by dickwatts26 View Post
    I think you might find the well dressed gentleman could be Ash Marshall as he was ,I think, involved with the "Soapy Sales" franchise. It was some sort of pymarid selling scheme which were questionable at best.
    Here's a pic of Ash in "Scorcher" late '68/early '69)Name:  Ash-in-car_small.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  29.8 KB.
    Could be him, the nose looks similar, but the hair and sideburns are much more early 70's, and I'm not a forensic scientist.
    Opinions, please.
    Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This is an absolute gem! What better way to attract customers and sell more Neptune product than to have Peter Manton's Cooper S out on display!

Attachment 20539

Hi Steve and Pete,
    Further to this and Pete's following "now" photo and post #76, Pete, at least, will probably recall, that Neptune station became the Shell Wavell Heights site, and was used as the base for the BRM team with their P261's for the '66 and '67 Tasman rounds at Lakeside.
    A mate of mine, who frequented the area in those years, more than once recounted his tale of driving westbound along Hamilton Rd one night during the BRM residency there, and seeing a small low shape with feeble, bouncing "headlights" approaching very fast from the opposite direction. He said he was shocked and delighted to find it was a P261 with a torch lashed to each top front wishbone.
    Alas, he's dead now, so I can't grill him on the truth of his tale, but I would sure like to believe it was true and that those were, indeed, the days!

I think you will find that the gentleman who is well dressed is Ash Marshall as he was ,I'm sure, involved with the Soapy Sales sponsorship shown on the spoiler. It was one of those infamous Pyramid Selling schemes around in those days. Dick Watts.

Quote Originally Posted by dickwatts26 View Post
    I think you will find that the gentleman who is well dressed is Ash Marshall as he was ,I'm sure, involved with the Soapy Sales sponsorship shown on the spoiler. It was one of those infamous Pyramid Selling schemes around in those days. Dick Watts.
    Is it just me that thinks posts # 100 and# 108 are remarkably similar?