Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE RICHARDS/SHEWEIRY BOSS 302 MUSTANG restoration (Sidchrome mustang)

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    George , dont put yr self down ....... you have done a great job & we know this its just fantastic..... hey yr pretty handy with a camera & pc also........ Hey Jim knew the deal on getting weight out of a car lots of nice holes lol , not many did , easy cheap horse power ???
    Well you don't like to place yourself alongside the professionals Grant but I guess its just necessity to all us racers that we give things a go cause the dollars never seem to go that far do they?

Wow seaqnmac that shot of the cars coming around the big left hander all evenly spaced is just awesome. That certainly was a good looking Gotina of Pat Creas. I haven't seen that shot before, brilliant

A few more shots of the suspension etc

Name:  P1010647.jpg
Views: 2909
Size:  84.3 KB

Name:  P1010641.jpg
Views: 2802
Size:  131.3 KB

Name:  P1010642.jpg
Views: 2865
Size:  113.5 KB

Name:  P1010645.jpg
Views: 2743
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  P1010646.jpg
Views: 2712
Size:  99.5 KB

Name:  Picture sid 002.jpg
Views: 2693
Size:  135.8 KB

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
    Wow seaqnmac that shot of the cars coming around the big left hander all evenly spaced is just awesome. That certainly was a good looking Gotina of Pat Creas. I haven't seen that shot before, brilliant
    This is from the first race, which resulted in the front right corner damage. The report is a little confusing it seems in a passing attempt he either tagged Crea or Edmondson in the Charger.

I agree re the Cortina, its one which along with Miss Victorious really sparked my imagination seeing it race as a 4 year old at Pukekohe back in 77.

You're a brave man George - a daunting amount of work to be done on that car.

Having been up close to this car last week and now seeing what you started with George, wow. Don't pat yourself on back mate as we will all do that for you. This is an amazing bit of work and the improvements strength wise are very well done. I see what you meant by it was cut down middle and alloy screwed. More holes drilled in her than the moon. Even holes where the seat was, no wonder your arse moved, now it will only pucker hopefully.
    Got my mind ticking on that black one you showed me.
    Cheers will be intouch

Hey George,
    Here is a quick photo of that poster I spoke to you about at the show. I'll try to get it scanned and printed and send you a copy for the shed wall.
    I'll also try to get some of the old home videos that Paul took of you guys down at Puke many years ago uploaded to youtube.
    Cheers,
    Karl
    http://s832.photobucket.com/user/sen...25a6d.jpg.html

Mate I see what you mean , that is a great poster and one I have never seen before, just let me know the cost and I will fix you up for it. Cheers, George.

Don't worry about the cost. It's just great that guys like you are putting the cars we grew up with back on the track so that our kids get the chance to see them.

For those who love this car - and let's face it, who doesn't - we still have three of this 1:43rd model in stock. Click here to check it out.

Every model purchased earns a $10.00 donation to The Roaring Season. Here are some images of this high-quality resin model...

Name:  ARMCO_7.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  97.1 KB
    Name:  ARMCO_7a.jpg
Views: 2482
Size:  85.2 KB
    Name:  ARMCO_7b.jpg
Views: 2521
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  ARMCO_7c.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  P1130727.JPG
Views: 2433
Size:  141.1 KBName:  Picture sid 002.jpg
Views: 2401
Size:  135.8 KB

thought you might like to see a before and after
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by George Sheweiry; 08-06-2013 at 11:01 AM.

I found these old photos of the old girl when I had not long purchased the car, I think it is from the 78/79 season at the grand prix meeting at Pukekohe with one shot going thru the castrol esses, then out of them and heading down the chute!

Name:  sid when first bought 3.jpg
Views: 2331
Size:  110.0 KB
    Last edited by George Sheweiry; 08-17-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Sheweiry Mustang Baypark 1981

Name:  Sheweiry Mustang Baypark81.JPG
Views: 2659
Size:  132.8 KB

Wow that's a neat photo I haven't seen that before. You can tell by the fact that there are no stone chips on the air dam that this was the first meeting I ran the car at after I repainted it with the addition of the large wing and cobra hood scoop. I just loved Baypark it was my favorite track and good old Peter Hanna and Graham Pearce, they knew what brought the crowds. " Baypark where the Big Bangers race"

Semi-Pro Racer
    pictures

thought you might like to see a before and after
    Well George, if the rest of the car is as tidy as that, it should be a real pearler!

Here are some shots of the right rear guard after I reworked it back to the shape it was when first built, then I painted it then put on three coats of releasing wax and then 1 coat of release pvc and then the fiberglass mat to make the mold for the replacement flares that would be fitted once I had replaced the rear fender with a new one. It sounds quick but there was a lot of work to achieve it

Name:  P1020270.JPG
Views: 2019
Size:  79.2 KB Name:  P1020276.JPG
Views: 2008
Size:  81.0 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Post # 7 in the thread 'Sidchrome Mustang-Bay Park' thread shows the car with first set of 'bubble' style flares, these 'Cologne' type flares must be second type..... This car is a bit like PDL1, if you built a replica of each version & paint scheme you could have a Sidchrome or PDL race on its own merits with half a dozen entries of each car!

Funny you should say that Jac Mac I have been approached by someone who is interested in purchasing the car and not for a $1.50, but more in the 730K line, or should I say Aus $635K and I actually prefered the car the way I had it in the Black cologne capri colors, cause lets face it the yellow and red was really Jims, so I wouldnt be worried doing a replica however it does mean the car would be lost to Australia unless someone from NZ fronted up!! but yes you are dead right with what you say.

Funny you should say that Jac Mac I have been approached by someone who is interested in purchasing the car and not for a $1.50, but more in the 730K line, or should I say Aus $635K and I actually prefered the car the way I had it in the Black cologne capri colors, cause lets face it the yellow and red was really Jims, so I wouldnt be worried doing a replica however it does mean the car would be lost to Australia unless someone from NZ fronted up!! but yes you are dead right with what you say.
    Noooooooo, please dont sell it!!! I'm not in a position to purchase it, but it would be very sad to see it go offshore.....

Once I had the mold from the rear fenders I was then able to remove them and as you can see there was a lot of hidden surface rust that I was then able to have blasted and then 2 pot epoxied.Name:  EM$.jpg
Views: 1871
Size:  88.5 KBName:  EM1.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  63.2 KBName:  EM2.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  69.0 KBName:  EM3.jpg
Views: 1910
Size:  73.4 KB