Thread: Australian Trans-Am Association

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post
    That's exactly right.. it was an idea that just popped up about racing Trans-Am and group N... but Dean Neville has proved that to be a success, in a ex Grant Wilson 69 Camaro, he won two races in Trans-Am in one weekend last year (the only weekend it raced) and then dominated the whole Group N field this year at the Bathurst Motor Festival!! I think he got a 2:26 around Bathurst!!

We are still weighing up the option, to be competitive in Trans-Am.. or have the option to race around Australia.. but with the Trans-Am series expanding, who knows, maybe there will be a Trans-Am round at Bathurst in the future!!
    Hey Dewi,

What year Stang are you and your father building? I know the ex Wilson mustang you talked about but have not seen it run against Russell Wrights 68 or Fraser Ross's 67. The times these cars can do show there's more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.
    Quite impressive really when you think about the added weight compared to transam. Seeing the transam class grow year by year is really positive.
    I've spoken in the past to the organiser of the muscle car masters about them being on the grid for one of their meetings. I think there's the usual red tape but he agreed that they are the type of car the crowd want to see..

Wouldn't that be great to have the Transam / Kiwi cars at the MCM and then run Bathurst a few weeks later....

Cheers
    Kyle

This what I said in a post on HMC- a real Tasman Cup for real cars.I would be a starter

Quote Originally Posted by STG69 View Post
    Hey Dewi,

What year Stang are you and your father building? I know the ex Wilson mustang you talked about but have not seen it run against Russell Wrights 68 or Fraser Ross's 67. The times these cars can do show there's more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.
    Quite impressive really when you think about the added weight compared to transam. Seeing the transam class grow year by year is really positive.
    I've spoken in the past to the organiser of the muscle car masters about them being on the grid for one of their meetings. I think there's the usual red tape but he agreed that they are the type of car the crowd want to see..

Wouldn't that be great to have the Transam / Kiwi cars at the MCM and then run Bathurst a few weeks later....

Cheers
    Kyle
    It was a camaro, here are some pics of it: One is him leading the group N field at this years' Bathurst motor festival.. and then leading John and Woody at QR at the end of 2012

Name:  23963_10200556338724670_1324608212_n.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  54.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4871.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  132.3 KB

We will probably build to Trans-Am spec, as we originally planned, and wait for Australian Trans-Am to expand.. which it definitely will!! It's only just the beginning, there are big things planned for Trans-Am!

Thanks Dewi, great pics again. I was thinking of a red 69 fastback that used to race transam. I have seen the 69 camaro race in the past with transam. Tough looking car! Look at the size of the field at Bathurst!