Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australian Trans-Am Association

Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post
    Yep Steve, John Samios' mustang debuted his stang this weekend, had some toploader problems, but so did many other cars, including john english.. and JE said he needs to get it fixed up by this weekend coming, he is off to the leyburn sprints!!

I think he got down to a 1.23.05 at QR.. but it was his first weekend, still getting used to the car etc.. will be very quick in the future!
    Are the stronger Jerico and Tex Racing boxes now allowed in ATA Dewi?

Hi Murray, have sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    Waiting with bated breath to see if the Trans Am virus spreads down the East Coast of Oz and maybe across to Tassie....can only dream .
    Might have to retire the old Humpy and get with the strength...we have a few Mustangs and the odd Camaro running in Tas so maybe should convert /divert them from Grp N to Trans Am spec.
    Have a K Code and Boss 302 in shed...might have to go to work on one of them.......
    Wakefield Park has been cancelled due to a lack of numbers for entrants we had about 8 or 9 confirmed but we needed 12 to have our own grid... once the group further expands, we will have a bigger group to take overseas... stay tuned, the Historic Trans-Am Challenge is only getting bigger.. just search Australian Trans-Am on YouTube and you can see what its all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Are the stronger Jerico and Tex Racing boxes now allowed in ATA Dewi?
    Was just confirmed by Woody, Jericho transaxle gearboxes are now in!!

here is the highlights video from the 4th round of Australian Trans-Am, the first since the kiwi's visit, at Queensland Raceway.. had a few issues with audio but will fix that for next round in October

Transmissions** not transaxle hahahaha, just a typo

Yeah I can understand this decision. Jerico's are more expensive, but not so much more than a top loader or Muncie, but they're far more reliable.

Semi-Pro Racer
    http://www.theroaringseason.com/atta...9&d=1376218848

Love the way this one looks and is presented. Awesome shot Dewi. Would be good on the wall.
    Cheers
    Tony

Need help please Steve. Suffering from "Old Farts" this morning. Cant get the pic to show. It is the yellow Mustang in the pits.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Parnelli is 80 this year....he would approve no doubt...I know I definitely do....

Last edited by Ellis; 08-13-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: pic added

Semi-Pro Racer
    Looks awesome

Yeah I can understand this decision. Jerico's are more expensive, but not so much more than a top loader or Muncie, but they're far more reliable.
    Thats just Jerrys propaganda. Get the right b b bloke to rebuild them properly.

here is the highlights video from the 4th round of Australian Trans-Am, the first since the kiwi's visit, at Queensland Raceway.. had a few issues with audio but will fix that for next round in October
    Great video coverage - thanks for sharing. But shame about the atrocious, bloody annoying music (I think it's called music)!
    Last edited by John B; 08-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Yeah, unfortunately Dewi I have to agree re the music. I am a frequent griper to other forums (fora?) when for some reason the Poms in particular mix naff music over fruity exhaust tones : their favourite is to defile the music of the V12 Merlin with computer pop : tragic. For what it's worth, I reckon music works over the intro and even the interviews, but when we're in the car or trackside during the race, the engine noise does it all, for me anyway.
    I feel like a bit of a curmudgeon whinging about this, because your camera work and editing, and even more so your enthusiasm for the task, are clearly top-drawer, so please accept this as a constructive criticism, rather than a gripe.
    And keep the vids coming, apart from this they tick all the boxes and the TransAm guys are lucky to have you on board.
    Well done.

I'd agree with the music comments so far, but more importantly applaud your enthusiasm for these cars Dewi.

This car you and your father are building sounds like a fantastic project. You said it would qualify for Nc as well. Does this mean u r running cast heads and are sticking to Nc rules for the brakes etc? I like the idea of being able to run multiple classes but it will make being competitive in trans am hard work. Not impossible though if u look at Russell's 68. He'd be at the pointy end of trans am going by his lap times.

Agree with Steve on the new 69. Looks great and good to see its competitive in its first run.

Cheers
    Kyle

Thanks for posting all the pics etc...

The idea of the Trans-Am/Nc Mustang is a great idea. Means the car can be raced anywhere in Aus, and although ATA is a rapidly growing category, its still predominantly Queensland based. I know part of the reason to build it to Nc spec is so it can race at Bathurst, which is obviously a good reason!

Parnelli is 80 this year....he would approve no doubt...I know I definitely do....

This is a great photo. What an awesome car! I love those Firestone Indy tyres. They're still available, but very expensive.

Semi-Pro Racer
    This is a great photo. What an awesome car! I love those Firestone Indy tyres. They're still available, but very expensive.

The Parnelli 70 Trans am cars were Schoolbus Yellow and not Grabber Orange which is often thought and were the old 69's with upgraded sheetmetal to 70 specs...and to top it off were not Boss codes . They were factory M codes which =390 as was Moffats.

Edit....make that 390 read 351 4V...see below
    Last edited by Ellis; 08-15-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: correct error

The Parnelli 70 Trans am cars were Schoolbus Yellow and not Grabber Orange which is often thought and were the old 69's with upgraded sheetmetal to 70 specs...and to top it off were not Boss codes . They were factory M codes which =390 as was Moffats.
    Correct on the colour and 69/70 upgrade but M stands for 4v 351 not 390 which had reinforced shock towers like the bosses and cobra jets.

Parnelli Jones has often said they (ford) would have won the 69 series if on equal rubber to Donohues Camaro. Firestone must have got something sorted for 70 because the cars had to weigh 3200 lbs up from 2900 lbs in 69.
    I guess that's an advantage of control tyres in our current trans am HMC and CMC classes.