Thread: Australian Trans-Am Association

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers Steve,

Interesting attitude by Ford given the growing importance of winning these races at the time. You'd think reliability would be top of their list seeing the race duration. Hard to win while sitting in the pits!
    Thanks for the info.
    Zombie - Hard to believe no rocker arms! It must have been assembled late on a Friday afternoon....

Quote Originally Posted by STG69 View Post
    Cheers Steve,

Interesting attitude by Ford given the growing importance of winning these races at the time. You'd think reliability would be top of their list seeing the race duration. Hard to win while sitting in the pits!
    Thanks for the info.
    Zombie - Hard to believe no rocker arms! It must have been assembled late on a Friday afternoon....
    My bad, Ellis had it right, no pushrods.... may as well have had no rockers though! Its been a while since i thought about TP stuff..sorry

Now after much shilly-shallying here's a video of the Lakeside weekend - "Thunder By the Lake" to follow up on Dewi's excellent effort.
    I can't recall a weekend of motorsport I have enjoyed more, great setting and a camaraderie absent in most forms of motorsport these days. Thanks to the Jones boys of Qld for their help with downloads and in-car cameras and to all the HMC and ATA guys who couldn't have been more approachable and helpful - you guys rock! Thanks also to legend JR and Mike of HealthHouse and anyone else I have forgotten.