Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion

2013 Monterey Motorsports Reunion

Name:  27474_0_2_photo_1960 Cunngham Corvette  courtesy of Lance Miller.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  136.8 KB

Its on this weekend, August 16 - 18. This year celebrates 60 years of the Corvette, and there are an impresive list of significant Corvette's that'll be in attendance. But there in an amazing line-up of races taking place for various GT, sports car, sedan, and open wheeler categories. For those who can't be there, I'll be uploading photos from the event here as soon as they become available.

Steve is your reporter and chief photographer the Laguna Limelighter, formerly the Lakeside Limelighter!

Monterey, 2013, look forward to that, was there in 1982 , with BMCBOY and others from NZ as part of a contingent from NZ and Aus, plus many other countries, we had gone for the 30th Anniversary of Austin-Healey to Snowmass ' at Aspen ' , Colorado, then stayed in the US of A for a couple of months, (more for some ask BMCBOY ) , did Laguna Seca 1982, year of " Porsche " , then further North to be at PIR Portland International Raceway, for their late August Historic / Classic meet. Healey's, was a guy Richard Mayor from Portland known as " Dick on Wheels " believe still races a early 60's Healey 3000 at PIR and other Pacific Northwest venues, he could be at Laguna Seca. Look forward to the photo and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Steve is your reporter and chief photographer the Laguna Limelighter, formerly the Lakeside Limelighter!
    Nah, I won't be relying on the Legend Of Lakeside for pics, these will be the official photos as they become available, although Dale will be there, and will no doubt post up some good pics from the event, although they'll probably all be of '69 Mustangs!

Just to kick things off. All photos courtesy Rolex/Stephan Cooper.

Name:  28043_0_2_photo_RMMR13sc_0021.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  27948_0_2_photo_RMMR13sc_0104.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  91.2 KB

These are fantastic!

Oh Wow! I feel like a starving man at a free smorgasbord,what a mouth watering array of machinery,those beautiful C2 Corvettes are stunning.Does anyone know if John Bowe competed there over the weekend?

Pete.

These are just stunning.....Lotto won't cover the cost of buying a GTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mid-year View Post
    Oh Wow! I feel like a starving man at a free smorgasbord,what a mouth watering array of machinery,those beautiful C2 Corvettes are stunning.Does anyone know if John Bowe competed there over the weekend?

Pete.
    Pete, yep JB was there in the Aussie Corvette, finished 5th behind Bruce Canapa in the Corvette Grand Sport, a big block Cobra, and another two Corvettes.

Here is what he posted on his Facebook page along with these photos:

I finished 5th in both of today's races in the Corvette. There were 39 cars in our group. Joe's Corvette was great, no problems at all. It ran like a dream and didn't miss a beat. The 'Big Block Cobras' and the Grand Sport Corvette (which incidentally is worth around $12 million dollars) was driven by a young Columbian dude. They were way too fast for us. It was an awesome experience. Driving on this track is a real honour. I loved it. I can't believe how well organised the event is. It's so efficiently run and the officials are very friendly... living proof you can get the job done and be happy and helpful. I think it's in their culture! Cheers JB

Name:  1004689_706439582714908_1244156235_n.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  168.6 KB