Thread: Bucklers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It has been interesting, and from a competitor, Stan Benbrook at the time;

"Awesome video of Austins Road hill climb 1966. The only year Jim Boyd ran there (and set the hill record).
    Its Vic Simpkin in the front-less buckler. I never knew he ran it without the bonnet. Wayne Harris ran it from 1967 and I bought it from him just as it looked in the video. (the smashed front came as a jigsaw puzzle) I had presumed Wayne had broken it in his big off at Mclean Road, Waipu in 1967".

The single shot is also Vic Simpkin in his other Buckler, note the grille mesh, bonnet hump and screen. I don't think its Griffin Road or Kara"

So, we now know the mystery car, and also that I was very wrong about Stan and using the car without the front, but so was he

So, the blue car is the one which Ray Purdy was last user of, not yours Waznot.

Just for the sake of future references, the number 14 car post #182 is an Austin 7 based car, driven here by Hamish Andrew.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 05-29-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    Well at least we have a definite on the mystery car, now we can start from scratch to try and figure out what my car was ??????