a fascinating thread - I have enjoyed the discussion immensely. I owned a "Buckler" in the late sixties-it was sold to me as a Buckler with the description that it had been raced by Jim Boyd previously but this could have been just good sales talk. It was powered by a 100E engine (3/4 race tuned) and I did buy an O/head valve conversion kit which I intended to fit but being a hardup student at Otago university it remained in the box . A pretty little car with a well made aluminum body - its only Achilles' heel was the Ford 10 gearbox - I went through quite a few but you could buy them in those days for $5-$10 dollars from the wreckers and my student flat soon got surrounded with broken gearboxes but I could eventually fit one in about 20 minutes. So the question remains- was this a genuine buckler (registered as a Buckler) or just a ford ten special? I attach a photo- apologies for the graininess. The car was eventually sold in Tauranga when I became a family man Does anyone know of its whereabouts now?Name:  Buckler.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  112.5 KB