Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
A chap in Christchurch has a Buckler that was raced by Jim Boyd. We are tracking its racing history.
If you are talking about the one currently advertised on Trade Me, I went and had a look last week. In my opinion of many years around Bucklers this is close to false claim. It differs in almost every critical area.
If you are talking about the one with Kelvin Brown, it is pictured above KX known as the Blue Brick, and not the (most well known 3 wheeling) Boyd car, that is here in Kerikeri. Jim may well have had more than one pass through his car dealer hands.
David, hard to know whether your car was a "genuine" one, there is not enough in the photo to make a call either way. Can you remember anything about the front suspension? That might give us a clue. Another clue will be if there was any chassis tube across the door opening. In other words did you wonder why there was a door at all as if it had the proper chassis it would have been nearly to the top of the door! It is not a car I know, but an interesting special to find.