Thread: Bucklers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    I recall the Orchid as being light blue. I'm pretty sure that white and red car is Andrew Buchanan's Buckler (ex-Mayo/Gill)

The Orchid Special

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    I recall the Orchid as being light blue. I'm pretty sure that white and red car is Andrew Buchanan's Buckler (ex-Mayo/Gill)
    Just going back through this thread and have a B and W photo of the Orchid Special, believe the car is now in Europe [ Switzerland ] with a Michael R Rohrmoser. Have seen a recent photo of the car on Facebook.

This was in the paddock area at Pukekohe in April or May 1966.. along with a Buckler or two and other Sports Cars.
    Cannot help with the colour, except must have been a dark colour !!

Name:  Pukekohe April 1966 Sports cars Buklers Daimler and others CCI12102015_0002 (800x799).jpg
Views: 815
Size:  140.2 KB
    Please ignore the spelling and details on the photo, as when edited I didn't even know about the " Orchid Special ", thought it was a Buckler - the De Joux style body used.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 05-22-2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Spelling Rohrmoser ####47

Bucklers at Pukekohe 1966 and the Orchid Special

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Just going back through this thread and have a B and W photo of the Orchid Special, believe the car is now in Europe [ Switzerland ] with a Michael R Rohrmoser. Have seen a recent photo of the car on Facebook.

This was in the paddock area at Pukekohe in April or May 1966.. along with a Buckler or two and other Sports Cars.
    Cannot help with the colour, except must have been a dark colour !!

Name:  Pukekohe April 1966 Sports cars Buklers Daimler and others CCI12102015_0002 (800x799).jpg
Views: 815
Size:  140.2 KB
    Please ignore the spelling and details on the photo, as when edited I didn't even know about the " Orchid Special ", thought it was a Buckler - the De Joux style body used.
    Re-posting the photo

Name:  Pukekohe April 1966 Sports cars Buklers Daimler and others CCI12102015_0002.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  171.7 KB

Some notes on this photo from Kelvin Brown - a Buckler Historian and owner - I reposted the photo recently on my facebook page and this comment was received, Thanks Kelvin.

" The Buckler Mk.90 on the right looks like the Vic Simpkin car may be with Owen Cullen, it was at first Ford 100E then re powered with a Humber 80 engine so has raised bonnet section and front vent. Yeats with the Orchid and maybe Marshall Mk.90, but there were other Bucklers competing."

Milan Fistonic may well have the entry list - was either an " Auckland Car Club " or " Northern Sports Car Club " National Meeting - must check my " borrowed " photos and scans..
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 09-05-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: photo added ###47