Thread: Bucklers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    ...the archetypal NZ Buckler 90 is clad most times with a de Joux fibreglass body
    ...though they were known at the time as AMW bodies (from Australasian Motor Works)
    The other notable fibreglass body used on Bucklers was the Jarvie, as used on the Merv Mayo car, which is now I believe owned by the abovementioned Kelvin Brown

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    ...though they were known at the time as AMW bodies (from Australasian Motor Works)
    The other notable fibreglass body used on Bucklers was the Jarvie, as used on the Merv Mayo car, which is now I believe owned by the abovementioned Kelvin Brown
    Agreed David, but not always AMW as Ferris finally got recognition and used his own name later in the "production". Yes, there were more than one Jarvie too. Kelvin has owned this car a number of times. Also a clubman style body!

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Just going back through this thread doing research on the Paton Ford for my book. Who was Australasian Motor Works?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Just going back through this thread doing research on the Paton Ford for my book. Who was Australasian Motor Works?
    Ferris de Joux Steve.
    I'm not entirely happy with the VCC Hooters grid Steve, by now there should have been so many it needed separate grids!
    Last edited by Oldfart; 05-08-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Ferris de Joux Steve.
    I'm not entirely happy with the VCC Hooters grid Steve, by now there should have been so many it needed separate grids!
    We could say that about several classes Rhys. We have had about 100 registered drivers for the last ten years, but for most meetings, two grids aren't now really justified.

Dale was almost at the point of throwing in the towel at one stage. The MG series didn't last. Alfa have broadened to accept all Italian cars. Is the Classic Japanese series still going?

Sunday's VCC grid not only provided variety, it also provided some genuine racing.