Thread: Bucklers!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Buckler 90/1 formerly in NZ now in Holland another NZ photo

Bart Jonkers who now owns 90/1 NZ Reg KA6377 - has been busy getting the car ready to use again - he took some time off work to get it in order.

This is what he wrote
    " Soon back on the road. Or at least i’m pretty confident she’ll be running again before summer is over.
    Due to a new job, I had very little time to work on cars over the past two years. But then I decided enough is enough. So I took a week of holiday, locked myself up in the shed and build up the car again in some 80 hours. Had to install the gearbox 3 times because an ‘expert’ promised me he had adjusted the clutch already. The clutch now has the 3 added springs for a total of 9, as recommended in some old Buckler literature. Happy to report that it actually does not feel bad at all, having to depress this 50% heavier clutch.
    I have now seen oil pressure starting her w/o spark plugs. So now it’s only a matter of taking her off the jack stands and seeing if the engine will really start! I’ll be posting some new photos of the car on dutch roads soon. Below a photo I recently found of the car still in NZ. "

He found this image in a " Beaded Wheels " the NZ Vintage Car Magazine.
    Stated to be at the Kairangi Hill Climb by Steve Sharp.

Name:  Bucklers in NZ #139 KA 7377 90- Kairangi Hillclimb Beaded Wheels Mag B Jonkers archives  (2).jpg
Views: 569
Size:  46.8 KB

Apologies for the ..oops .. the NZ Registration in later years was KA6377 .. I need to check my typing and also the notes on my photos ..
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 07-14-2020 at 05:13 AM.