Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
Oldracingcars.com seems to think the Doyle car is the ex-Tim Schenken chassis TS9/006. The Hailwood chassis used in NZ was TS9/002.
Thank you for this. I also posted the image on our Facebook page, and several people said it was the Hailwood car, as to be expected as that is what is written in the Vercoe book, but I also got the following reply from Derek Woods:

"I assisted tony haycock from classic driver magazine nz with some photos and a short history of the car written in book form by the late chris williamson only three months ago it was one of the feature articles about 2 issues ago in that mag, the car now resides in the uk and has more history than most surtees cars. It is chassis number 006 driven in 1972 by tim schenken scoring points only once. Lord hesketh rented the car from surtees for james hunts f1 debut in the 1973 race of champions where mr hunt placed it 3rd , hesketh decided the car was not for them and bought a new march 731 and enjoyed some good results in hunts first year including a second in the usgp. Back to 006 neil doyle bought the car for around 5000 dollars later in 1973 after it had been laying around the factory for a while. Its nz history is well documented so buy the mag on trade me or borrow it and read the article it fills a gap on a nz forgotten f5000 car".