Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mike Feisst Collection - Part 1

The Mike Feisst Collection - Part 1

Name:  Mike Feisst 1.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  184.1 KB

Some years ago I received an email from a fellow called Mike Feisst, who’d read a few historic motor racing magazine articles I’d written, and wanted to send me some cd’s containing photos he’d taken that I might find useful. To any historic anorak, these sorts of emails are pretty exciting, as no matter how large or small the collection, there is always something of use.

Eventually, the cd’s turned up, and to say I’d underestimated the extent of Mikes collection, would be a massive understatement. Mike (Roaring Season member kiwi285) is a racing enthusiast like no other. He is still as passionate about racing now as he was as a youngster in the ‘60s, and is always accompanied by his trusty camera hanging around his neck.

Mike’s cd’s span the late ‘60s through the early ‘80s, and include everything from Tasman cars, to Formula 5000, and the formative years of Formula Atlantic/Pacific, of which the early cars are some of the most beautiful race cars ever built. Also included are several junior formula, plus saloons, including Group 5, and Sports Sedans, and Australian Improved Production, from his visits across the Tasman. And there is also a smattering of Sports Car shots, rallying, and even a few hot rods.

I’ll be posting Mike’s entire collection from each of the cd’s, of which there are five. Each cd will receive its own separate thread, just so nothing gets lost in the sheer scale of the collection. Also note, the photos are posted in the order they’re saved on each cd, so are not in chonological order.

It’ll take some time to post the entire collection, so be patient, but its worth the wait.

Thanks Mike for allowing these to be posted and Steve for posting them. Almost makes up for all my early stuff being lost.
    Wow, what a trip down memory lane.

Almost, but not quite. Your collection would have been fantastic to see Gavin.

This is the last batch for Part 1 folks, but stay tuned for Part 2 as soon as I get time to resize them all.

Name:  Scans_148.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  Scans_149.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  160.4 KB

Name:  Scans_150.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  151.0 KB

Name:  Scans_151.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  151.7 KB

Fantastic. Thanks Mike for the great photos and especially allowing us all to share them.

Thanks to Steve for the scanning and uploading, that is a ton of work.

Bruce.

I don't think it would be in any way an exaggeration to say, "Bloody Hell !"

Thanks for sharing !

We're just getting warmed up boys, got another four parts to go. Fortunately Bruce, Mike already had them on cd, so all I've had to do is re-size them. Still takes a bit of time though. Theres quite a lot of them.

My Jaw dropped when I was privaliged to receive a copy of these photos off Mike a couple of years ago, Mike is a true Motorsport enthusiast and these photos are some of the best period images I have ever seen especially as they cover our local scene and the international imports that we all remember so well. You can see as many of these cars in a current restored classic race shot as you want, but these period shots are so superior in every way. Having seen most of Mikes collection I can assure you that you are all in for a treat as Steve uploads them. Well done Mike and thanks for sharing them, they are truly amazing.

My jaw dropped when I saw this collection. It brought back so many memories of Baypark and Puke and in some way revived my memories of cars and drivers and races in that colourful era. Thanks so much to Mike for having the dedication to keep and then "digitise" the films, and for making them available to us through this terrific forum. Outstanding!