Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geoghegan 1967 Mustang GTA (Replica)

I caught up with Mike at Levels this last weekend......an old Timaru friend, & I had a quick hi to the locals during historic practice..., whilst down for a school reunion, had a good yarn & look over of Mike,s mustang , very tidy but very basic compared to the pre 65 mustangs ,..................fitted with a yanky crate donkey 520 hp & c/ratio top loader. Mike has done a great job re the era, but working on steering etc ..... his dad Pat was an old Timaru Cop & use to give me plenty of warnings in my old Anglia lol we go back a year or 3
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 02-12-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Great info Grant!! hopefully i'll get to see it at Teretonga this weekend!! Dale M

Yea, Dale make yr self known to Mike he is a good southerner........they dont seem to take things very serious these days more fun & a few beers.....Teretonga you will love , the in field on & off cambered corners & the elbow creeps up very fast entering the fron straight , if you have a good handling car [which looks like you do] the lupins long left hander at end of straight is where you can make up lots of time , know doubt you might already know this , but if not every wee bit helps , might catch up when you get home good luck ... Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Yea, Dale make yr self known to Mike he is a good southerner........they dont seem to take things very serious these days more fun & a few beers.....Teretonga you will love , the in field on & off cambered corners & the elbow creeps up very fast entering the fron straight , if you have a good handling car [which looks like you do] the lupins long left hander at end of straight is where you can make up lots of time , know doubt you might already know this , but if not every wee bit helps , might catch up when you get home good luck ... Grant
    Thanks for the hot tips Grant and although i'll be there sadly its without my car though back in 2009 when I did last race at Teretonga in my Mustang it sure was fun and what a great track, hell that front straight is LONG,

Hopefully i'll see Mike and his beautiful Mustang.

Dale M