Thread: Event: 2013 Australian Muscle Car Masters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes thats a good point Murray. The little understanding I have of the New Zealand F5000 group, and speaking to some of those involved, is that there is becoming a bit of a division between those who are genuine enthusiasts, who want to run the cars for enjoyment and historic sentiment, without the association of a championship to battle for, and those who are serious about winning the championship, chasing points etc, and are spending big to achieve these goals. I don't know how serious it is, and of course if there is a championship to contend for, this will always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Yes thats a good point Murray. The little understanding I have of the New Zealand F5000 group, and speaking to some of those involved, is that there is becoming a bit of a division between those who are genuine enthusiasts, who want to run the cars for enjoyment and historic sentiment, without the association of a championship to battle for, and those who are serious about winning the championship, chasing points etc, and are spending big to achieve these goals. I don't know how serious it is, and of course if there is a championship to contend for, this will always happen.
    You are both right although I don't think we had any red flags at MCM? Not at Sandown in the races. Cost, distance, competitive v enthusiast, engine power battle, age of drivers, all of these things are playing a part. If the grids settle back at what it was 5-6 years ago it can still be a good show.