Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HMC Build Thread: 70 Mustang PDL Replica

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Seriously - that is a great job and a credit to you and your helpers - roll on the 16th when I can see it in the flesh
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Hell Dale you have finished with heaps of time to spare LOL. What is the next project on the rank - you should be able to make some serious inroads into that before the Festival.

Seriously - that is a great job and a credit to you and your helpers - roll on the 16th when I can see it in the flesh
    Man if you guys only knew, im coming to the Festival for rest!! may have a week to spare but still needs minor work but at this stage i just wanta make sure it runs OK for Tony and is presentable for viewing!! even yesterday I had to re-pull the windscreen as the headliner came unglued and off-course he broken it, luckily I had a spare instock!! but otherwise it has been a team effort and I have a great crew of outworker, painters, panel beaters, machinists, electricians, trimmers, that all pull finger but the one factor that makes it happen is none other than cubic MONEY, the bucket is rather empty.

And just remember this car hasn't been tested yet and that will happen with Tony at the wheel so don't expect it be fast but that's not what's important as im sure spectators will just luv seeing it on the track, the yanks quote the engine at 450HP but it feels more like 350HP to me(but then I am use to 800HP, LOL)

Here's a better picture taken just on dark last night with my mates high tech camera.

Dale(pleasantly worn out) Mathers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-09-2014 at 03:13 AM.

World Champion
    Dale.....regarding your comment in the previous post on horsepower......'many a true word spoken in jest'. EIGHT HUNDRED!!!!!!! Bloody hell........no wonder the Mini cant keep up.

I hear there is a bit of rain forecast for that weekend!!!! See you next Friday.

Love Gerald.
    Last edited by AMCO72; 01-09-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    You told me you had no mates, thats why you work alone!!!
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This is a pretty cool picture, to great historic New Zealand cars doing battle. Dale M
    This photo fairly well sums up what Tony can expect at the Festival ............ chasing a Camaro!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    This photo fairly well sums up what Tony can expect at the Festival ............ chasing a Camaro!
    Steve, that would only be to learn what lines NOT to follow... (-:

Yeah Kyle, those lines will be off the rear tyres so he better not follow them!

The photos of that Mustang or any HMC car, to me, is what this class is all about. Great looking cars put together with care and attention and raced in the same manner. As I have said before, in period, we had about 6 or 7 V8 powered cars and at times they weren't that reliable.

Now they are very much more reliable and are not being flogged to within an inch of their lives. We are now also getting the chance to see some cars in several of their guises at the same time and in the same event. If we could get the PDL I Mustang together with this car we would be able to see the car in two of it different race schemes and build spec's. A time warp situation.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 01-09-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Best bit of eye candy I've seen today...Thanks Dale

I know Steve quite well and have harassed him for ages about getting the real car back on the track - even as recent as yesterday! It would be great to see these two side by side.

Dale, can you please now make a start on the green version, followed by the pink version - and maybe the original Cambridge colours also. We could line them all up! Great job on the yellow one.

Cheers,
    Leon

Since the PDL replica got damaged by the Marque at the Festival this year I'd been scratching my head on what to do, looking at the damage it required the inner fenders where the hinges are attached to be replaced so I decided to pull it apart and carry out further work, I tell yar i am my own worst enemy as its got outta control(LOL) anyway here's some pictures of the Mustang and what I've done!! upgraded to fit power steering, pedal box and general all-round tidy up. Dale M

Anyway, got it back from the painters today hence the above pictures but below is how it looks now!! The fun part, bolting it all back together!! it'll be ready for next season with Tony at the wheel. Although expensive it will be a good buy for somebody because parts and labour just kill it!! im sure some of you will enjoy the update. Dale M

As expected it looks a treat Dale. I am sure Tony will enjoy canning it around again.

Apparently these old hot rods are better - and quicker - to drive with power steering..........

Semi-Pro Racer
    One must remember, these guys use a zimmer frame to get to the drivers door, and when you are as old as Tony, your arms are knackered by the time you have done a warm up lap.

Roger

and also holding on to the steering for grim death, with all that power!!

Even im in a Zimmer frame after a knee surgery this week Roger, ouch!!!

Heres a few more updated pics for those that are interested, current at Sparkys for a full rewire!!

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    One must remember, these guys use a zimmer frame to get to the drivers door, and when you are as old as Tony, your arms are knackered by the time you have done a warm up lap.

Roger
    Tony? A mere youngster... Hasn't even got his Gold card yet.

Looks great Dale.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Very nice Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Even im in a Zimmer frame after a knee surgery this week Roger, ouch!!!

Heres a few more updated pics for those that are interested, current at Sparkys for a full rewire!!

Dale M
    Just out of interest, is the second oil cooler for the gearbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Just out of interest, is the second oil cooler for the gearbox?
    Power steering, with the P/S box close to the headers it pays to run a cooler!! Dale M