Thread: HMC Build Thread: 70 Mustang PDL Replica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Hey Dale, did you Tig or Mig your cage?
    Both Grant but mainly "mig" welded and "tig'd" were it can be seen!! southward seamless tube is the standard for rollcages these days. Its a nice job and once painted and interior back in it will look like it was made for the car.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Both Grant but mainly "mig" welded and "tig'd" were it can be seen!! southward seamless tube is the standard for rollcages these days. Its a nice job and once painted and interior back in it will look like it was made for the car.

Dale M
    Just checking Dale, I have a Mig but not very skilled, old school nickel bronze welding guy. However, about to build a roll cage for my Anglia and if a Tig makes a better job I would be Happy to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Just checking Dale, I have a Mig but not very skilled, old school nickel bronze welding guy. However, about to build a roll cage for my Anglia and if a Tig makes a better job I would be Happy to switch.
    Yes Grant, a TIG will do a nicer job but is alot slower and off-course if the tubing is "Moly" it has to be Tigged anyway!!

Guys, i found a heat gun done the job, softened it up to scrape it of but was still a sticky shitty job either way!!LOL

Dale M