Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HMC Build Thread: 70 Mustang PDL Replica

Dale, years back did same in a Mk3 Cortina (Aussie 6 model) with a 289 in it, on motorway in 4th, drizzle, driver feeds in right hand peddle and slowly start putting on left lock as back slids to inside of camber. This was common. They actually were not too bad in dry with high pressure. Square shoulder buggered them.

How many times you replace rear axles in Mk1 Dale.

Sounds like PDL wins hands down giving more pleasure than dodgy square shouldered tyres.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-24-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Whose is the Camaro #6 carrying the Wattie's advertising and the kiwi signage ?
    GD66, I think you`ll find Dennis Marwood had Watties on his Camaro for a while. I think I`ve got a photo of it somewhere with it on but it was #25 from memory.

Just back from the panelbeaters with fender flares done, Rollcage next!! lucky I aint got NO life!! Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks great,IMO the Goodyear blue streaks look ideal on a Boss 302 style .

That's going to be a great looking car Dale. Any timelines in place since you are working full tilt. LOL
    Last edited by kiwi285; 10-19-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Wow, that looks great! Can't believe how much tougher it looks with those wheels and the flares. John might want it back when he sees these pics Dale!

Rollcage is slowly inching forward. Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Rollcage is slowly inching forward. Dale M
    Dale, Get rid of all that dynamat! Or is this a new way to handicap cars for HMC.....lol

Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by STG69 View Post
    Dale, Get rid of all that dynamat! Or is this a new way to handicap cars for HMC.....lol

Kyle.
    I tell yar Kyle, that shit is hard to get off!! found using the heat gun works but still a friggen lot of scrapping to move it!!

Dale M

I tell yar Kyle, that shit is hard to get off!! found using the heat gun works but still a friggen lot of scrapping to move it!!

Dale M
    That 'shit' is the word Dale, discussed this before.

Even my worker Wayne refuse's to scrap it off as he started, curse and swearing and gave up, LOL so yeah "shit" it is!!

Now, lets see what happens here as its rollcage/log book time so it took all the pics, done all the paperwork and E-mailed them to MSNZ Saturday(18th) had an Email reply Monday and posted the originals Monday also they, took my $$$ Wednesday and i'll wait and see how long it takes?? will be interesting? with some of the issues others have had in the past

Dale M

Holy crap batman, just got home and the log book with rollcage approval was in the mail(you guys know the type, snail mail) so thats 4 days counting me mailing the original copies monday or 6 days if i count my Emailed copies, thats friggen stunning guys!! nuff said!! i need a drink!!

Dale M

You must have sent it via Len Brown Dale, because the other professional time waster in Wellington hasn`t had any exposure...... yet!

The car looks fantastic, Dale. Have you spoken to the Dunedin owner of PDL1 about your car? Being old and senile, I remember when Graham Baker left the country, another OSCA driver took over his truck wrecking yard in Blenheim Rd. I went in there and there were racks of bonnets, the moulds for the later rear flares and lots of other mustang parts lying around. (as well as parts for Graham's FM5) I spoke to Wayne a couple of years ago about where the parts went, and he felt that they were thrown out. Shame.

Car does look great! Cage looks superb. One thing that I noticed on the old race car is that there was no exhaust coming out the side. And on your car I see a set of mufflers under the car. One thing you may consider is cutting out the floor on the passenger side and making room to tuck two pipes up in there. Will give you the ability to get the ride height nice and low. I expect you will be doing some kind of subframe connectors and one those are in it is a lot harder to cut up the floor. Just a thought.
    Doug

Hey Dale, did you Tig or Mig your cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Rudy View Post
    Car does look great! Cage looks superb. One thing that I noticed on the old race car is that there was no exhaust coming out the side. And on your car I see a set of mufflers under the car. One thing you may consider is cutting out the floor on the passenger side and making room to tuck two pipes up in there. Will give you the ability to get the ride height nice and low. I expect you will be doing some kind of subframe connectors and one those are in it is a lot harder to cut up the floor. Just a thought.
    Doug
    Great minds think alike Doug, this did have flowmasters with turn downs under the car, they always blow up the dust and not legal over here but older cars can get a permit so I've cut the floor to raise it and the side exhaust is mounted with NASCAR flat muffler, lots of work but well worth it. Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Hey Dale, did you Tig or Mig your cage?
    Both Grant but mainly "mig" welded and "tig'd" were it can be seen!! southward seamless tube is the standard for rollcages these days. Its a nice job and once painted and interior back in it will look like it was made for the car.

Dale M

Both Grant but mainly "mig" welded and "tig'd" were it can be seen!! southward seamless tube is the standard for rollcages these days. Its a nice job and once painted and interior back in it will look like it was made for the car.

Dale M
    Just checking Dale, I have a Mig but not very skilled, old school nickel bronze welding guy. However, about to build a roll cage for my Anglia and if a Tig makes a better job I would be Happy to switch.