Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HMC Build Thread: 70 Mustang PDL Replica

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Even my worker Wayne refuse's to scrap it off as he started, curse and swearing and gave up, LOL so yeah "shit" it is!!
    Dale M
    Try crushed dry ice in a plastic garbage bag, sit it on the section you want to remove for a couple of minutes then (hopefully) it will chip off.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemonza View Post
    Try crushed dry ice in a plastic garbage bag, sit it on the section you want to remove for a couple of minutes then (hopefully) it will chip off.
    A CO2 fire extinguisher has the same effect but generally for small areas. Bit expensive but it does the trick, then just chip it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Just checking Dale, I have a Mig but not very skilled, old school nickel bronze welding guy. However, about to build a roll cage for my Anglia and if a Tig makes a better job I would be Happy to switch.
    Yes Grant, a TIG will do a nicer job but is alot slower and off-course if the tubing is "Moly" it has to be Tigged anyway!!

Guys, i found a heat gun done the job, softened it up to scrape it of but was still a sticky shitty job either way!!LOL

Dale M

I have just done the same. Now clean it with KUMKLEEN then wire wheel when dry.

John, kids read this sometimes.

Back from the painters today, NOW, to piece it together in the next month Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Yep, that does it alright, bloody nice. Be neat to see it with stickers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Yep, that does it alright, bloody nice. Be neat to see it with stickers etc.
    Sure will Rod, my sign guys are in my unit complex so i'll have them start end of this week, we want it looking like the PDL. Current wheels ain't correct, just to roll it around on!! Looks like X-Mas day is the only day im havin off, LOL

Dale M

Journeyman Racer
    Isn't it amazing how many photo's of our wonderful saloon car past have been taken featuring that very same concrete block wall as a background at Pukekohe !!!
    The old Tote building also features SO often... ( now sadly gone )

Journeyman Racer
    OH be still my beating heart !!! those minilite wheels , the flares , it's just too much for me.....
    Superb and amazing doesn't even begin to describe it

At the sign writers today, almost done and looking GOOD!! Dale M

Holy cow that car look magnificent - hard to tell it from the original which will never grace our circuits again in this guise. A thoroughly great job -my shutter finger is getting twitchy just looking at it.

Mike

Kiwiboss - It will be done as a PDL replica.

Why the additional advertising Dale. Don't recall original having Health House on it. Are they going to sponsor the "series" for HMC. Apart from that she looks a picture. Look forward to seeing her at the Festival.
    Cheers Dave Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Kiwiboss - It will be done as a PDL replica.

Why the additional advertising Dale. Don't recall original having Health House on it. Are they going to sponsor the "series" for HMC. Apart from that she looks a picture. Look forward to seeing her at the Festival.
    Cheers Dave Graham
    Couple of personal touches Dave, Health House is our Festival sponsor so the least i could do is give him the front fender. Also, on re-surcharging the PDL when in its orange guises the stickers, etc seem to have changed from meeting to meeting as we have a ton of old pics and most show different stickers, etc and you gotta remember it all would have been hand painted in those days. What we've done is grab the best of the best so although not totally accurate not many will know and it will still represent the car from that era, this what Historic Muscle Cars and historic racing is about. It'll be a great display for the Festival and HMC!! Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Couple of personal touches Dave, Health House is our Festival sponsor so the least i could do is give him the front fender. Also, on re-surcharging the PDL when in its orange guises the stickers, etc seem to have changed from meeting to meeting as we have a ton of old pics and most show different stickers, etc and you gotta remember it all would have been hand painted in those days. What we've done is grab the best of the best so although not totally accurate not many will know and it will still represent the car from that era, this what Historic Muscle Cars and historic racing is about. It'll be a great display for the Festival and HMC!! Dale M
    Thanks Dale, question answered. Cheers Dave

Semi-Pro Racer
    Fair enough too Dale. Seeing these photos brings back more memories for some reason than the old photos did. Maybe its because it lives again lol.
    Bloody well done !

Cheers
    Tony

Back in my shop for the final put together!! X-Mas/New Year will be my only days off. Dale M

Sensational looking car. That brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Sensational looking car. That brings back memories.

Second those comments, great looking car.
    Xmas lunch 1 hour, 2 cans on New Years eve about 1/2 hour, you should have plenty of time Dale.
    Well done and look forward to seeing it in the flesh. Best wish's

Etching forward slowly!! Dale(I have no life)Mathers