Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HMC Build Thread: 70 Mustang PDL Replica

Twin clips to secure it, thats good.

Looking at those photos shows the care and great workmanship that goes into such a car.

A credit to you Dale.

Is Mike Rorison likely to have his Mustang at the Festival ??

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Twin clips to secure it, thats good.
    John take it you mean fire extinguisher, always at least 2, they are not nice things flying around.

Dale- has the fuel filler on top of the tank got an external drain tube?
    Oldfart correctly pointed this put to me which I rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Dale- has the fuel filler on top of the tank got an external drain tube?
    Oldfart correctly pointed this put to me which I rectified.
    John, yes!! you just can't see it in the pic but it drains of the bottom to the rear!! Mike(kiwi285) no Mike Rorison for the festival unfortunately as business commitments are his priority!!

Rod, yes double clip extinguisher as per the rules, because I have a foam style extinguisher(powder ones too messy) I have to add the extra clip which is a pain in A but worth it.

Worked all day today(Sunday) so defiantly have NO life, LOL

Dale M

yeah, Dale, but you can just rollerblade down to the beach and catch some waves at the end of the day, Scotty says you are only a stones throw, and you are always there when he swings by.....................

Still going at it!! Drivers seat and belts in, dash in, fuel system and oil cooler plumbed and engine running, 15" minilites and Goodyear blue streaks fitted, ticking the list off slowly, windscreen in Monday and then wheel alignment!!(someone mentioned it was 2014, hell time flies) Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images       

*someone mentioned it was 2014, hell time flies *
    hey Rip Van Mathers its 2016 ,and we wondered where you have been .?
    Did you fall asleep under the car?

I popped in today for a quick nosey, it looks better in the flesh then it does in the photos! And the photos were good...
    Unfortunately Dale could only spare 37 seconds for a talk, as he was still busy finishing off things...lol!
    Plenty of time Dale, still got 336 hours or 20160 minutes (approx) to get it finished... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    I popped in today for a quick nosey, it looks better in the flesh then it does in the photos! And the photos were good...
    Unfortunately Dale could only spare 37 seconds for a talk, as he was still busy finishing off things...lol!
    Plenty of time Dale, still got 336 hours or 20160 minutes (approx) to get it finished... :-)
    Sorry about that Malcolm, unfortunately in not a "last minute" harry and want it finished and tested in plenty of time, plus i still gotta fix my old girl and finish off Gimbletts Camaro!!!

I will make sure i wave to you the first weekend mate and shout you a cuppa afterwards

Dale M

No worries Dale - I'd hate it fo you to say "I would've got the car finished if I didn't keep getting interrupted by a nosey flag marshall"!!!
    Looking forward to that cuppa - Export Gold or Strongbow cider my fav's!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Sorry about that Malcolm, unfortunately in not a "last minute" harry and want it finished and tested in plenty of time, plus i still gotta fix my old girl and finish off Gimbletts Camaro!!!

I will make sure i wave to you the first weekend mate and shout you a cuppa afterwards

Dale M

This is a pretty cool picture, to great historic New Zealand cars doing battle. Dale M

Thats what they were built for .... then.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-05-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Will the Camaro and Firebird from that era be there this year. Have a friend going with camera just to see you guys and the Addis/Algie group.

TonyG- invitations have been extended to both those cars, and when they do the warm up lap, thats who will be there.
    Tell your mate to find me and will look after him on the A/A group

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This is a pretty cool picture, to great historic New Zealand cars doing battle. Dale M
    Nice pic Dale.

The tribute car is looking great. Are you going to have time to paint the centres of the minilites black?

Cheers
    Kyle.

Is pretty much finished, wheel align tomorrow and a quick test up and down the road and we're done!! yee ha let the FUN begin. Dale M

Dale- a huge congratulations for a job well done and deadline met.
    Take a bow and accept some pats on your back.

Hell Dale you have finished with heaps of time to spare LOL. What is the next project on the rank - you should be able to make some serious inroads into that before the Festival.

Seriously - that is a great job and a credit to you and your helpers - roll on the 16th when I can see it in the flesh