Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
Yeah, I need Rowan to chime in here, he is the expert on the Aussie raced Monza's. I have a copy somewhere of an Aussie motor racing annual for 1983, and in it is a very short article of a red Monza that had been built to take to the US and that a couple of high profile Aus drivers would race. I thought it was Peter Brock and Alan Jones, though could be wrong about that. Anyway, for some reason the whole deal fell through and the Monza ended up being raced in Aus as a sports sedan. And I believe this is the car the commentators are referring to at the start of the video in post #71, driven here by Mike Imrie.

The Bob Jane/ Bryan Thomson Monza did end up as a Supra Sports Sedan, which I think Des Wall still owns, though I think there is some talk it may be reverted back to the Monza.
Sorry for the late response. The Imrie Monza in the video is the ex Sidell car built by John Reardon. This car then morphed into Imrie's SAAB Sports Sedan (built by John Gourlay) and still competing. Imrie had the Sidell Monza body intact up to a few years ago and it is now with Andy Kilgour who is looking for a chassis. At about the same time John Reardon was building the Sidell Monza, Graeme Whincup decided to build a similar car, Sidell's for IMSA GT and Whincup's for Aussie GT. Whincup sold his original Monza, (known as the Rotex Monza) less running gear, to Bob Gill who reconfigured the chassis but did not get too much further. Gill later sold all the body to Chris Fing in Qld and I then bought the body back and it is about to be reunited with the chassis by Tony Edwards. The Whincup (Gen II) Monza was delayed as some of Whincup's components were "lent" to the Sidell effort but when it finally hit the track, Whincup ran spasmodically over a couple of years (refer photo at Amaroo). Whincup then sold the car to Steve Voight in Qld who still has the car. it is currently in 'mock-up' Bob Jane livery in the Champion Brock Museum.