Thread: NZ GTHO Phase 3's that raced in Production Series....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Attachment 22055Attachment 22056
    This is a very young Bruce Anderson. He had been pedalling a MK 1V Zephyr and stepped up to the big game. This was a wet day at Puke, could be the same day Richards rodgered Brocklehurst.
    Bruce had had a BIG spin and this photographer snapped part of the moment.
    Note the roundel for the number looks jagged.
    Thats because Anderson and Oleary were sawmillers and the roundal is painted to look like a circular saw.
    This car is now fully restored and still lives in NZ., registration number is very clear.
    Also note the car never ran a rear spoiler and petrol over flow down the rear quarter from its 1074 degree spin

This ones for Ellis and Rodgerd.
    John..
    Thanks for Anderson pics...I only have ever seen one other pic of the car

GTHO Photos

Here's a few great photos taken by Kevin Lancaster that will interest you
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by BMCBOY View Post
    Here's a few great photos taken by Kevin Lancaster that will interest you
    Would love to know what meeting the top photo of Bruce Anderson was......could this have been at an Auck Car Club Spring meeting and could he have been chasing a very fast (non turbo at the time) green Mazda RX2? I remember looking in the mirror at Bruce totally sideways onto the back straight of Pukekohe ..... Great days in the 70's/80's.
    Same day a Gold V8 Chrysler Charger (MacDonald?) blew his motor chasing me down the back straight.........then next run Racing Ray Williams blew his motor chasing me in his Shellsport Hillman Avenger? Hunter? (Rootes Group)........But Kev can you remember?? Kind Regards, Tony Rutherford.