Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RUSH

I enjoyed it, a few good bits from the 76 year were missed, IE the drama at Brands Hatch.

"In the name of glory" is good book on the 76 year:

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/q/in+the+n...rid=2107969077

Quote Originally Posted by RSZWEI View Post
    I enjoyed it, a few good bits from the 76 year were missed, IE the drama at Brands Hatch.

I thought so too, but that scenario was probably a little too convoluted to portray in an easily-understood manner for newbies. In terms of adding to the truth-is-stranger-than-fiction real-life drama that played out over the course of that season, it would have been right up there.

Still a good movie, quite exciting and while on the surface of it the pre-publicity is Hunt-fuelled, the unpeeling of what made Lauda tick, and his incredible fight back are the reflections I took away from the evening.

Well worth two hours of your time, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    I thought so too, but that scenario was probably a little too convoluted to portray in an easily-understood manner for newbies. In terms of adding to the truth-is-stranger-than-fiction real-life drama that played out over the course of that season, it would have been right up there.

Still a good movie, quite exciting and while on the surface of it the pre-publicity is Hunt-fuelled, the unpeeling of what made Lauda tick, and his incredible fight back are the reflections I took away from the evening.

Well worth two hours of your time, I reckon.
    Friends that didnt know the outcome of the 76 year thought it was amazing, as did my girlfriend.
    Its got to be good for motorsport in general.

Another reason I loved it was because Im named after Niki.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RSZWEI View Post
    Friends that didnt know the outcome of the 76 year thought it was amazing, as did my girlfriend.
    Its got to be good for motorsport in general.

Another reason I loved it was because Im named after Niki.
    How good is that! You could have been named after Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin or even Elizabeth Hurley. God, you're a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS CUNNINGHAM View Post
    How good is that! You could have been named after Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin or even Elizabeth Hurley. God, you're a lucky man.
    Geeee Russ u crack me up at times lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Geeee Russ u crack me up at times lol
    Does lol mean "lots of love"? If so, I wish you hadn't announced our special relationship to the world. Joy's totally dismayed and I guess Kylie will make you sleep in the spare room from now.

All my love,

Russ

Russ, Have you finally come out of the closet. Dont worry it is all legal now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Russ, Have you finally come out of the closet. Dont worry it is all legal now.
    I have Woody, some bastard locked me in. I know it's legal now which brings me to another subject.....Grant would like you to give him away. In fact we'd all like you to give him away.

love & laughter meet you half way brother , I love yr humour & dry wit , makes me laugh........Nope Kylie wont give me away I tried but no .... must be a few good bones in still ??

Rush was a good film as far as the average punter is concerned

I supplied 3 cars for the Film and i knew what was going on with the filming scenes cars etc as my buddy was also driving the truck taking cars to the sites to film scenes
    These cars where used mainly for the actor drivers in the cockpit scene and to be into the cars and drive away as they couldn't drive the real cars
    We went to see the film as a boys night out as he said his name comes up in the titles at the end so off we went sitting watching eating for the end to see his name then off a chinese
    anyway Crystal Palace scene has Hunt meeting Lauda but Niki didn't race in the UK in F3
    Crystal palace was filmed for the start of terrace but the rest was Cadwell park
    Brands G circuit was used anti clockwise form Hawthornes running down the back straight
    Fuji was Snetterton filmed on a dry day with large water bowsers to create the rain
    The F1 cars went to Nurburgring for filming and then some poor bloke had to sit going over
    each frame with his pen painting out the graffiti that is now on the track!

The crash scene was a Mygale FFord car dressed as a Ferrari the BRM cars where built from scratch with Rover V8 motors fitted
    My cars where FVL cars dressed up as McLarens and then rebodied as Hesketh and Ligier cars
    Yes I know Im behind you guys, i like warm beer and it rains a lot here too.

We were overseas when it was first on release here so we missed it. Is it still around or do we have to wait for the DVD?

Last year they were filming at Monaco and some of the original cars from that era were repainted back to their original colours.

Name:  212_0511_033b.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  58.9 KB

Brings back memories of a trip to Hesketh's workshop with my mate in his Climax engined Lotus Elite. Needed ear defenders! Those were the days. We used to go annually to the BRM works open day too, until 1966.

Name:  212_0512_105b.JPG
Views: 348
Size:  163.3 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 12-17-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Watched Rush on TV today, really enjoyed it as did a bunch of my US non-motorsport friends who found it fascinating, not like the bland (personalities) of today's F1. Only major flaw I noted was the scaling back of James Hunt's bonking forays, deserving of an epic movie in its own right!

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    We were overseas when it was first on release here so we missed it. Is it still around or do we have to wait for the DVD?
    Update: The DVD/Bluray version is released tomorrow.