Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photos: The Allan Cameron Collection - Part 2

If you read through the entrys for the 1970 B&H what you will find is a list that really is the "whos who" of NZ motor racing from the late 60s and early 70s.

Yep, thats for sure Allan!

Last three pics from the 1971 B&H race.

Name:  IMG_0064.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0063.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  136.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  121.0 KB

OK, moving right along, and now we're at the 1974 B&H 500. This is moments after the start, as the field streams into the left-hand turn to head out onto the old back part of Pukekohe.

Name:  IMG_0010l.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  166.0 KB

That first left-hander was always referred to as the Elbow, and Railway will always be Railway...

Post #46 blue with yellow stripes Mk3 Cortina, Robin Irving and Lyall Martin (Lyalls Car Painters Fame) bought this car after race and had a play, and even let me steer it once. It went well for a standard off the floor car (oops another 'Tui' add). They used to end up with all sorts of cars, as they painted them for the boy's and dealers. Remember one Charger, it was a wee bit quicker than the uncles one, must have been the paint job.
    Great collection of photos, very interesting.

Thanks Rod, great info!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  155.7 KB
    LOl , if Ernie saw Leo burning that inside rear tyre there would have been words

Got a better photo of smoke at left hander end of front straight around stables some where, so he kept the wear even on both Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Got a better photo of smoke at left hander end of front straight around stables some where, so he kept the wear even on both Grant.
    LOL Rod I will tell you a wee story ..... when they had the 3.3 victor there , I went down by the stables [spying] as they turned left , Leo was locking the l/F tyre every 2nd lap in practice , I went running back to Dad to say you wont have a left front tyre if it gets punished like that , I thought I was out of my depth even talking to Ernie [16 yrs old there abouts] like this , sure enough words were said ....... but all in good spirit. I reminded Leo about this at levels a couple yrs ago we laughed but hey it was big time in those days .... who knows if nothing was said ?????