Thread: The Cheetah

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journeyman Racer

Small block chevy with weber 58's in chasiss #2 owned by Ron Way

Steve: I never had a big block in my Cheetah, Albert Way has restored my old car with a new aluminum body and has a small block with Weber 58 mm side drafts on it. He has since passed away and his brother Ron Way now has the car.

photo:Ron Way collection
    Last edited by Jerry Entin; 01-10-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: put up photo

Jerry Entin never owned number #002 Period. The Albert/Ron Way Cheetah is not the Cheetah Jerry Entin owned Period. It is (NOT) the number #001 car or the number #002 car. I have pictures of the Albert way Cheetah before he bought it and 100's of pictures of him restoring it. Nor is it the Jerry Titus #36 Cheetah.
    The Genuine Bill Thomas Cheetah Serial number #002 I just bought out of Oklahoma, It has its Genuine Bill Thomas issued Serial ID Tag. The owner keep it in 2 barns for 48 years since he bought it in 1969.The owner history is Crystal Clear, I am Certifying it this month Jan 2018 It still has its white paint from the 1964 Oct Riverside race.
    I have known about this car for 24 years now. Now that it setting in my shop and I am starting restoration Jan 5th 2018 the Cheetah World will learn the history on this Genuine #002 Built Bill Thomas Cheetah Alloy body Prototype,
    #001 and #002 were both evaluated by Chevrolet.
    Bill Thomas gave John Crow owner of friendly Chevrolet the Jerry Titus Race Number #36 Cheetah for his investment in the Cheetah program when they broke relations off.
    Friendly Chevrolet owner John Crow started out with investing in #001 Alloy prototype, When it was wrecked his investment was transferred into #002, Then after #002 was wrecked his investment was transferred to the Race number 36 Titus Cheetah. Bill and John went separate ways and John took control of the Titus Cheetah. This car was sold to Jerry Entin. Jerry Entin's Cheetah is not owned by Ron Way today. although the Ron Way Cheetah is Genuine Chassis rebodied by Jim Gammage and Jim gave Albert Way the large rear tank with the Cheetah Jim sold him, Jim bought the large rear tank from the Bankruptcy auction at Bill's Shop in 1970.