Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
    The owner of the ex Jerry Entin car Ron Way had lunch with me yesterday, I have known the Way boys since the early 80's he reports that he has almost completed the work that his late brother Albert started when he fitted a new alloy body. I had always thought of Als 2nd Cheetah as a late car but it seems I was mistaken , its an early car with a later lower front wishbone. Jerry positively identified some of the rear suspension parts on the car as his number 2 car.
    Jerry Entin never owned the Genuine #002 Alloy Prototype, He owned the #36 Race Cheetah Titus drove. Not #001 or #002 Period.
    The Genuine #002 Prototype Alloy Cheetah is now in my shop at BTM Bill Thomas Motors in Phoenix Arizona for full restoration. I just bought #002 from the owner who bought it in 1969, stored in 2 different barns for 48 years. It has its GENUINE Bill Thomas issued #002 Serial Number tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Yeakel View Post
    Great picture Jerry. Is that in the Hollywood hills?
    You sure got Bob upset about your claim that your car was chassis # 2. Love these guys that come along 30 years later and try to tell us what happened back in the day. We were there. We raced the cars. We worked on the cars. Guess that is not supposed to count for anything.
    The Genuine Bill Thomas Alloy Body Prototype #002 I just bought out of Oklahoma Dec 30 2017 It is setting in my BTM Bill Thomas Motors Shop. Restoration starting Jan 4th 2018. It has its genuine Bill Thomas issued Serial number ID tag. It was owned by same owner since 1969 I knew of this #002 Cheetah for 24 years. Jerry Entin never owned #002 Cheetah. Fact.

World Champion
    Photographer John Lacko recently shared these photos that he took art the Grattan Raceway, Michigan, in 1966.
    I am not sure who is driving the Cro Sal Special Cheetah.
    (The driver is Mike Pung as per John Lacko )
    Note how the original number 26 has been altered to show a # 85.
    Also note the support sticker for Mitt Romney's father who was the Michigan Governor at the time.
    That is an early front spoiler set up.

Name:  71527APC2-6x200-denoise-denoise-copy.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  177.7 KB

Name:  71528APC2-6x200-copy.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  188.5 KB

Name:  71529APC2-6x200-copy.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  CRO-SAL at Wilmot Hills_ August 1966 (2).jpg
Views: 373
Size:  154.3 KB

(Ken H)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 08-16-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Where and When , well it is not there anymore as John B has moved it from there.
    It is one of John b photos too - I borrowed it ..

Name:  Cars #1116 John Bennoch Cheetah replica and TVR garage Hampton Downs J Bennoch .jpg
Views: 344
Size:  110.9 KB

it is for sale on TM roger.buy it

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    it is for sale on TM roger.buy it
    Too much work for this " Old Car ' Guy ".... Hopefully some one gets it soon, and finishes what John started ..

Sadly, Jerry Entin passed away recently.

Yes, he did...

Here's a photo of Jerry taken more recently. It was 2012 and, unlike every other photo taken of him, he's smiling:

And I make no secret of the fact that I would also be smiling if I could put my arm around her again...

The Cheetah -1 a drawing and article. 2 JB's recreation

Building a replica or a kitset, this may help ?

Note ; *** John B tells me he has the Magazine with this page in it and it will go with all the documentation and spares etc that John has for the car - which he is trying to sell..

As noted in 2021, I am not going to buy it, much as I would like to, my mechanical ability is a bit lacking and my knees and back etc are just not up to restoration work these days.
    Hopefully whoever does will do a story on it as Hotrod 1 is with " U2 " style racer on this forum.

Name:  Logo #115 Cheetah Bill Thomas line drawing and article JB .jpg
Views: 251
Size:  90.7 KB

As an aside JohnB recently shifted his recreation North - on a trailer, John said it was " the fastest the car has ever been ".
    the photo[s].

Name:  Cheetah #019 John Bennoch Cheetah replica trailered to Auckland March 2021 #1 J Bennoch sml (800.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  168.1 KB

Name:  Cheetah #020 John Bennoch Cheetah replica trailered to Auckland March 2021 #2 rear  J Bennoch sm.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  159.9 KB

Hopefully we will hear / read more on the build.
    The car was based on a body acquired in the 1970's and a recreation of a Cheetah Chassis,has been made.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 03-29-2022 at 10:16 PM. Reason: photos added ###47

Looking forward to it...