Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nom de Plume! notifiable dieases and other hide behind the curtains crap!

Hell, mentioned twice but there are a few who know. When I signed up there were very few real names.
    Russ did you really mean to diseases or die arses?
    Rhys Nolan ( and to be on here you need to be a BOF sometimes.) Old time user of a Skoda, made a profit from the sport after 52 events over two years, flaggie way back, now deep into vintage racing, and done 10 Targa events as co-driver.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 11-07-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Hell, mentioned twice but there are a few who know. When I signed up there were very few real names.
    Russ did you really mean to diseases or die arses?
    Rhys Nolan ( and to be on her you need to be a BOF sometimes.)

Now Oldfart has me wondering, who is the 'her' that makes him feel the need to be a BOF sometimes....??

I have spent many years, and thousands of dollars setting up my closet, and I refuse to come out of it just to please a learned collegue. However, I confess, I have made an exception this weekend to assist the Sandown flag marshalls....
    Having said all that, yesterday I visited a very famous, um, "beast", with the non-de-plume of Godzilla, who was undergoing surgery!

Sounds like a talk-back radio issue not one for a car / motorsport forum!
    If I want to stay as the name (albeit minus the '1') the way most people know me that's my prerogative - afterall I could be Elvis P and wish to continue the myth!
    BINZY and proud.....

I have never been in the closet. And what's this about being two-faced Russ - is it your face and your ass.

Mike Feisst, motorsport enthusiast since Dad took me to the second NZIGP at Ardmore.

Cheers

Ran into Elvis P a few years back. He was pumping gas at George Johnson's service station in Te Teko............you did mean Elvis Ponanga I assume.
    I am Allan Cameron, motorsport fringe dweller and sometime Targa co-driver/car builder in a variety of FIATs. I am old enough to remember the Ardmore races on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post

Now Oldfart has me wondering, who is the 'her' that makes him feel the need to be a BOF sometimes....??
    From what a certain racer up here has told me about you I would wonder about where you might fit on that! Thanks for the very subtle correction!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    From what a certain racer up here has told me about you I would wonder about where you might fit on that! Thanks for the very subtle correction!
    And if that 'certain racer' is who I suspect then you should stop worrying about the very unlikely possibility of me entering a T-Bird in your pre 61 series & start looking very hard at MKII Zephyrs that probably wont comply....

And if that 'certain racer' is who I suspect then you should stop worrying about the very unlikely possibility of me entering a T-Bird in your pre 61 series & start looking very hard at MKII Zephyrs that probably wont comply....
    The Zephyr actually does comply under the "Historic Racing Vehicle "classification As does the Heasley Humber 80.

Banned
    At this stage it's only a rumour, Rhys but I have heard that your proposed class is looking so popular that a well known motor racing villain is looking at the possibility of running a Tatra. Myself, I'm looking for a Standrive as I don't like the idea of having to change gears. It's too bloody difficult when holding a glass of red.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Cunningham View Post
    At this stage it's only a rumour, Rhys but I have heard that your proposed class is looking so popular that a well known motor racing villain is looking at the possibility of running a Tatra. Myself, I'm looking for a Standrive as I don't like the idea of having to change gears. It's too bloody difficult when holding a glass of red.
    Happy to see you Russ, after all you never gave me the guy with the Vee Standrive I can find you. Put up or shut up!

Bruce 302 is kind of shorthand for our real family name, Triotou. (its polynesian) But when I was growing up, all the palagi kids would tease me and throw abacados, so we anglicised it to the very common Thompson, and now it is hard to register that anywhere because it is so common.

I am, Bruce Thompson, international gentleman of leisure, except I have to work, lots.

Spgeti,.....well I love Italian cars, but I probably just love all fast cars....

Bruce Dyer and I don't live in the closet....

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    Spgeti,.....well I love Italian cars, but I probably just love all fast cars....

Bruce Dyer and I don't live in the closet....
    So, where do you and Bruce live?

Oh dear, for the sake of a comma. Lol.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I have put my name in the bio, a lot know who I am, just about always sign off with my name, one of the many Roger's here ( but I am the real one)
    Roger Eade

Go Russell
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...-season-opener
    and I know Russell from along time ago - his father Bruce was a very good customer of our company.
    Last edited by Kwaussie; 11-10-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Think you might have the wrong Russell Cunningham there..
    Yeah, Russell, of speedway AKA "Sneeky Meat", "Sly Bacon", has until recently been racing a classic 240z (unfortunately, no longer due to ill health) as opposed to Roger (son of Bruce) Cunninghame (with an "e") who currently races HMC mustang.
    CRC

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    Yeah, Russell, of speedway AKA "Sneeky Meat", "Sly Bacon", has until recently been racing a classic 240z (unfortunately, no longer due to ill health) as opposed to Roger (son of Bruce) Cunninghame (with an "e") who currently races HMC mustang.
    CRC
    Very sorry to all - I did not think it was possible for me to make so many mistakes in one three line post!!!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    CRC
    Is there a message in this?

Even with the right name, you end up with the wrong person! Might be better to stick with the "nom de guerre"

Stu Buchanan (yes, my real name, as if anybody cared)