Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
Yep remember Ricks car [mustang sally] did not know him that well then but as time went on we had a bit in common re mustangs etc & a few beers we became good friends, have not seen him for a few yrs since he moved out of Tauranga , Rick became Mayor of Taupo........ Rob browns car was a cool hot rod remember it well but lacked horse power & brakes etc. John what I remember from a few friends you played around with us in that class but did not get serious as in competing all rounds but you drove very well & fast , what happened to yr car ..... hey been talking to Mike Feisst on net we old boys need to get to gether one day ..Yep know Vern &Dennis well I have bought a few side drafts off Marbles over the years ......... check out those old lap times ???? always great chatting with you John
Grant-budget prohibited serious racing, but all I wanted to do was take my baby to the track and have fun- just like now.
Ricks Mustang Sally still lives as a racer in the Central Muscle Car, think it the blue one, Richard Gatwood (someone can correct me.).
Dale ended up with my Mustang, rebuilt it and had some fun of his own with it.
Dean Cameroon has owned it for 16 + years, still looks the same and featured in Classic Car mag recently
Can be seen on Who, what , when thread #348 Bay Park last meeting.