Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historic Touring Cars (New Zealand)

Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Ran against this Jag a few times....they were a great pair of blokes. Craig "Revs" Pullman built them an engine for Nissan Mobil in Wgtn and I remember it blowing conrods out through the engine block on the front straight not that far in from of our car. I always remember the sound it made and I spent many hours trying to replicate it on my road going car which I had put a set of 6 brand new IDF Webers on an Ardun manifold. Sat it on a set of chrome wires which made it look really nice with it's dog dick red paint.... Jim Short should remember my roadie.... Hey you have done a nice job on the Grp A car Angus and good to see master resto man Conrad down there to keep everyone honest. Nice nice class that holds a special place in my heart. Kind regards, Tony Rutherford.
    I am sure Craig would have covered the engine failure with his comprehensive "concrete warranty":

Race engine warranty: once it leaves our concrete, it is out of warranty

Advice please? Where do I get a bell housing for a Ford 302 Clevo to fit a T5 Box. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Chrs John H

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Advice please? Where do I get a bell housing for a Ford 302 Clevo to fit a T5 Box. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Chrs John H
    Castlemaine rod shop in aussie do bellhousings for most anything, have you tried lol Dale?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Didnt know we had a techline on this site?
    The bellhousing for a T5 that would have originally been fitted to a 80's onward mustang (5.0 windsor) etc should also fit the 302c block, that bell housing would be for cable clutch operation, your problem then will be locating a suitable balance factor ( 28 oz/in ) flywheel for the cleveland as most 5.0 mustangs are 50 oz/in factor.
    You can use a manual bell housing from a 302c ( or any early pre 80's 6 bolt SBF ), but you then require an adapter to fit between bell housing & T5 along with a bit of basic lathe & machine work as the T5 input shaft is longer than older top loaders etc, but at least that allows conventional hyd clutch operation along with all the std flywheel/clutch hardware etc.
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 11-18-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Didnt know we had a techline on this site?
    The bellhousing for a T5 that would have originally been fitted to a 80's onward mustang (5.0 windsor) etc should also fit the 302c block, that bell housing would be for cable clutch operation, your problem then will be locating a suitable balance factor ( 28 oz/in ) flywheel for the cleveland as most 5.0 mustangs are 50 oz/in factor.
    You can use a manual bell housing from a 302c ( or any early pre 80's 6 bolt SBF ), but you then require an adapter to fit between bell housing & T5 along with a bit of basic lathe & machine work as the T5 input shaft is longer than older top loaders etc, but at least that allows conventional hyd clutch operation along with all the std flywheel/clutch hardware etc.
    Thanks a lot to you both. Its been nearly 50 years since my first race at Puke in a MK 1 Zepher. So I need to get up to date with things now. At that time Kenny Smith and his father were trying out the front engine Lola. My Zepher fried its brakes as I came belting down to the railway line. Only just got though the corner. Thanks again I appreciate that.