Thread: Photos: The Steve Twist Collection - Part 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journeyman Racer
    I am pretty sure that its Tim Bailey who was the owner of Continental car services, driving the red Golf. I really liked to watch the racing at that old part of the circuit. The Statesman has just exited the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post
    I am pretty sure that its Tim Bailey who was the owner of Continental car services, driving the red Golf. I really liked to watch the racing at that old part of the circuit. The Statesman has just exited the loop.
    Statesman onto back straight i would ahve thought, but bloody great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Statesman onto back straight i would ahve thought, but bloody great photos.
    Rod- you are correct pix#6 and 7 are Statesman , they had their own style rear quarters, Premier had usual sedan

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Rod- you are correct pix#6 and 7 are Statesman , they had their own style rear quarters, Premier had usual sedan

Right John, was really trying to work out the position on track, out of Railway onto back straight had fence like that, but think similar fence from loop upto Railway, but can not remember the concrete strip on loop during club circuit.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 01-20-2014 at 04:56 AM.

World Champion
    Nope completely wrong, #12 is 83 but drivers are Phil Myhre and Dave Slater.

Journeyman Racer
    On second thoughts I think I remember taking them coming on to main straight? I was surprised to get in that possie as it was restricted and i now remember expecting someone to come and tell me to piss off!Can anyone identify any of the blue Commodores and the Auckland Gold Bullion car {gold}

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hilstwist View Post

Tim Bailey and Paul Curin?