Thread: Ray Stone "Master Mechanic"

Ray Stone "Master Mechanic"

At next years January 17-19 & 24-26 Ferrari Festival we will have Ray Stone along as invite guess in the HMC camp, he was Paul Faheys master mechanic though most of Pauls career. Does anyone have any photos of Ray from this era, im looking for some good ones of him to do up some posters, and also I sure some of you can add some great "Ray Stone" stories!!

So come on guys, get posting!!

Dale M

He was the best - a very modest, intelligent and thoughtful guy - he has some great stories from the Johnny Mansel days too.

Top man is Ray

I do remember Ray when I was a kid , he came on board to help Ernie on the Mk111 some thing to do with the ford connection , how ever this was what I can remember only in the NI rounds or at Puke, I recall Ernie Molly & I going down queen street in the hot Zepher , Ray I think had a PA Vauxhall [might have been his Dad,s "they were having a race of sorts going down the hill.
    The next time I saw Ray he was in volved with developing a ford telstar for Dick Johnston & Gary at Puke long distance race.
    The last time I saw Ray was at Roly,s 80 th that would be approx. 9 yrs ago..... Grant.............
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 11-18-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    At next years January 17-19 & 24-26 Ferrari Festival we will have Ray Stone along as invite guess in the HMC camp, he was Paul Faheys master mechanic though most of Pauls career. Does anyone have any photos of Ray from this era, im looking for some good ones of him to do up some posters, and also I sure some of you can add some great "Ray Stone" stories!!

So come on guys, get posting!!

Dale M

Got some Dale, will email to you

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Got some Dale, will email to you
    Thanks Rod

Journeyman Racer
    Perhaps i am out of touch.Actually I am out of touch. I remember a Bill Stone racing a single seater back in the 60s at Levin.. Is/was he related to Ray?

Bill Stone died last year after a huge career in motorsport including pivotal roles with March, Reynard and a whole lot more. He was also racing, and racing well, right up until the big C got him.

No relation to Ray but a great guy also.

Bill and Ray were however great mates so it would have been easy to assume they were related.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Then there were Jimmy and Ross Stone who were related - to each other, but not to Ray or Bill

And Kevin as well ,brother to Jimmy and Ross ,also spent some time around the traps .....
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Then there were Jimmy and Ross Stone who were related - to each other, but not to Ray or Bill