Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
John I used to spend a few hours around a fridge in Matamata with Graeme way back, top guy and real good bugger, and has had some interesting cars.
Dale you would remember the 'Fridge' we mention.
The Capri had a Mopar in it at one stage, it was a blue/silver colour, he ran in sports sedans at Bay Park it was quick for a road car. local cops between Tauranga and Matamata wasted a lot of time trying to have 'a look' at the car.
From Graeme-
Rons Capri was first owned by Vivian Munk , thats the late Ian Munks wife, he was a good friend of mine in Christchurch. I used to run the Capri in the clubmans class which was WOF and street tyres otherwise whatever you wanted then put slicks on and sometimes run in OSCA. Even beat a few of them which pissed them off LOL as I could throw my tyres into the car and drive home. I used to run a Chrysler 340 cuin in it at the time.

Those were the FUN days. I remember running it at Wigram on year and John Osborne made me alter my spoiler ,which was an RX& one,because it was a half inch wider than the body and deemed illegal under Oscar Rules