Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1156

Thread: Historic Sport Sedans

Couple of errors in the programme! I don't think Tony Olissoff would be running the FJ in the ERC group.

Poor old Adrian Dobbe, tripped over a tow rope and can't drive. Angus Fogg will be in car 40...

Graham Park fired up that fantastic mid engine Marina V8...

Edited Saturday.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-20-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Sun is looking good for tomorrow
    Saturday is Hawaian Shirt Day
    Gt out your loudest and summery shirt,
    Pass it on..................
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-20-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Graeme's Morris Marina well on the way. Sounded awesome too! Love the orange tinted windows - also on Graeme's Porsche.

Name:  217_0121_007 Morris.JPG
Views: 1792
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  217_0121_009 Morris.JPG
Views: 1545
Size:  119.2 KB

Name:  217_0121_010 Morris.JPG
Views: 1589
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  217_0121_011 Morris.JPG
Views: 1583
Size:  148.1 KB

Sorry, spelt it Graham earlier.

Had a PM on here from Dave Smith in the UK, about the British equivalents harking back to the Super Saloon days and also Modsports. His website featured the Bill Shaw 4.5 Rover, using my photograph, picked up from here.

Dave is also creating a web page devoted to the late Mick Hill's creations, the Janglia, V8 Capri, VW Chev, Skoda etc., so maybe the NZ Sports Sedan contingent can be represented with a page!
    Last edited by ERC; 01-21-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Just stunning....well done Graham.

Yes well done Graham , this is very cool , I only met Graham last weekend I got a tour of his Porsche we had a great chat about the Marina .. as it was not there last weekend , have fun was nice to catch up .

Would any one out there have a right front guard for a XA, also grille, front valance that I can get from them?
    I have a spare guard , but it has deteriorated in the past 6 years- dont want to do XB front.
    please pm me,

Did your Falcon suffer damage at the weekend John? Sorry to hear that, parts for these Aussie muscle cars are getting so much harder to find.

Certainly would not want it worse, car still drives- just some panel replacement.

Sorry to hear that John. I hate seeing beautiful cars damaged.

Chin up John. You aren't the first Series coordinator to have had the bad luck to get the car badly damaged through no fault of his own... Sad that it often seems to happen those who least deserve it. Life ain't fair.

On a more happier note-
    Cam Neil in his 1939 Chev Coupe got the Prize for Most Deserving at the Festival.
    Also Graeme Addis won Sunday mornings Handicap race, first win in a long time and had some Camera time,

Time to reflect on lifes ironies.
    My XA was the race winner of the Sunday afternoon race-
    - and I was not the driver.
    - and Driftee crossed the finish line backwards

Semi-Pro Racer
    That all sounds a bit Grim John, I take it you know to include XA Utes in your search criteria for front half coupe parts.

Hi Jac...this time round its all standard frontal saloon parts- so its not too sad a Grim.
    I do have spare ute doors and a full set of glass, and one right rear quarter which hopefully will stay collecting dust..........that would have been a real Grim Grim
    BTW- AB would have loved hearing the Monaro running and sucking 100 grade through its 4X 48 IDAs again.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-25-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Actually. not all people appreciated the Monaro.
    It was tucked in a marquee , safe from the weather.
    I went later on to check on it , glad that I did as it turned out
    It wasnt where I left it and there was a barbeque going on.
    Apparently Monaro was where they wanted to hold the party, so it was pushed out in the rain...... with the window open.
    Dont worry about telling the owner.
    Twas a long push uphill to find a place I could leave it when guys are watching, drinking and telling you...."shouldnt take a car to a race meeting if you cant drive it"

This got to me more than what happened to the XA Coupe
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-25-2017 at 10:43 AM.

World Champion
    John, I hope you gave these guys a few Russian expletives !!!!!!! Who were these plonkers......

That is very sad and disrespectful of a persons property. Perhaps you should name and shame the group but unfortunatley not all of their group are like that.

Very sorry to hear that John.
    I would have thought that the motor sport fraternity were above that sort of juvenile nonsense.
    They deserve to be named and shamed.
    Your cars are a credit to you and we all [except for those dickheads] appreciate the work and money you put into them for our enjoyment.
    Keep smiling

Car for Sale-
    If any one wants to get in to racing Historics car - my Holden Torana LJ GTR V8 is for sale
    Has Schedule K with MSNZ designated number, and COD.
    Recently competed at 3 race meetings with no problems.
    If you want to run in Historic Sports Sedans straight away at Legends of Speed and Barry Algie Memorial at Taupo then pm me.
    Car is ready to race.
    Will list full details in Cars for Sale,and also on Trademe
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 02-13-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Apparently Monaro was where they wanted to hold the party, so it was pushed out in the rain...... with the window open.
    I'm gobsmacked! I didn't think there were still self-centred, egotistical arseholes like that around who would pull a shitty stunt like that!