Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
Name:  download.jpg
Views: 2368
Size:  177.9 KB
I have just come back from spending 3 hours with Graeme Addis.
Here is how it looks, brilliantly engineered back then an stunning now.
No modern updates to spoil this time capsule.
It is repainted and hand sign written by the same guy.
He started it up for me- instantly -runs so smoothly.
Sounds fantastic to the ears. .
Thanks so much Graeme for inviting me into your workshop , going over the original build, the rebuild and now I can post this pic and say.....It lives, it breathes, he cant wait to get it back where it belongs-on the track.
There was no hand book to build this car everything is a tribute to Graeme logical thinking and sheer determination.
The rebuild shares the same with absolutely no shortcuts.
Grant Sprague- this is the car your Dad and Leo came second to Rod and Jim in the Benson and Hedges 1972.Will you come to see it run again?
Wow, sure is cool to see this car again. I remember it as a kid, and was fascinated by it as Graeme developed it through to its final guise, where it was essentially a Can-Am car with a Charger body draped over the top. The open rear end was for the ground-effects, and the whirring of the trans-axle spinning around in full view was mesmerising. Just a mad car built during a period where creative thinking was king. Looking back, most Sports Sedan fields were usually pretty thin on the ground. Sometimes the fields wouldn't even reach double digits. But the cars themselves were so bold, loud, unpredictable, lively, aggressive, eccentric, that you soon forgot how small the grid was.