Thread: Historic Sport Sedans

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    As coordinator, Im not prepared to have a NZV8 driver, who has no experience running with Historic racing, running for the first time at a Historic meeting in someone elses car in Historic Sports Sedans .
    There are irreplaceable cars out there, end of story.
    Bryan- you have 100% understanding and communication .
    Hi John, I guess what you are saying here is that NZV8 drivers are cowboys. If Murph was asked to drive an HSS car would you exclude him (and I am not a Murph fan) if the owner wanted him to drive. I think you are drawing a very long bow if you by inference to exclude NZV8, Supertourer or even V8 Supercar drivers from participating in your class. Surely if the owner would wish to have a named driver pedal his car, why not. I have to agree with Fullnoise that this is the best way to turn people off. The big picture is the more you get some named drivers pedaling some of these rocket ships then the more punters you get through the gate and the benefits may certainly cascade down to the owners. Imagine Jim Richards at full tilt in Georges Mustang or Paul Fahey in the PDL Mustang or Robbie Francevic in the CUSTAXIE. The mind boggles. I recall when at the drivers briefing when the Custaxie first came to HD the general consensus was, no taps and give the other guy room, everyone agreed and all the cars came back unscathed. Do you really think that some named driver is going to deliberately go out and do damage. I feel that is just a tad insulting to some of those drivers who may or may have not been approached.These guys have got to drive the cars they do because of their skill and talent. Yes, over exuberance does happen I admit but surely as a guest driver are you really going to stick it to the guy in front. I think not.I just hope your class survives and would love to be proven wrong in my comments.
    Cheers Dave Graham
    Last edited by Frosty5; 09-04-2014 at 10:28 AM.