Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
Have to agree with you Kevin, there is such a broad spectrum of cars from thoughout at least four decades of NZ motorsport that it seems crazy to bring in rules like this, especially when most of these cars were built and raced when there were very few rules... even more so when the organisers keep repeating that the cars are the stars and rewards are chocolate fish....but that seems to be the avenue that NZ Motorsport is hell bent on travelling down. All I can say to 4dnut is go south young man- SFOS where they still seem to consider a car on the track is better than one in the shed.... although the times are a changing and influences from up north are trying to spread this trend country wide.
I'm afraid we are going over old ground here. I don't think there is anything new to add. 4dnut knows well enough that there are not only several convenors' grids with different philosophies, but that MSNZ and the H & C commission's stance doesn't have the full support of all the competitors either.

There are pragmatists and purists at all levels and you throw your lot in one with one or the other. Purists can always race alongside pragmatists and hold their heads up high, but not necessarily vice versa. So yes, the pragmatists can bring their cars out of the shed but their options to race may be a little more restricted.