Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
Time for an update-
Was talking to Adrian Dobbe today, his entry is in - those looking at the Baypark 1976 clip on another thread will see it there in yellow- could be the oldest Sports Sedan in the field.
Doesnt that make you think, 37 years a race car - cant see conrods favourite ssssanyyongs lasting that long.
Hats of to the constructor, and all the owners for it being around for so long.,and Vauxhall for producing a quality product.
Talking about quality,Barry Algie swung by today with the fattest, slickest Hoooosiers still wrapped in plastic, just arrived from US of A.Usual thing, trying to get them cleared from Customs lost him a day.
He was stroking them lovingly, and describing how these babies were going to put him so far ahead of everyone else on the grid ,even Tony Rutherford.
He says the view of Roger and Graeme behind him at the start is better than the same view after the first corner. Should be no cobwebs to blow out, just slipping back behind the wheel- makes it sound so easy.
He has had the radiator made, he made the aluminium moulds for the tanks himself and after leaving me was going to the heat treatment and give them the works for 4 hours then drop in cold water. Take home and weld to the radiator, then fit to car.
Will be going to his place with video to show the car running.
There is still some adjustment to the ducts, and finish off the front clip with fibreglass.
But he is keen and excited and thats what gets people to the start line.

Rogered- would you please add a post here on your Torana, a lot of people probably dont know the history here, and would love some background before seeing it in action.
Ha ha ha love it.....John get a message to Barry and tell him that I will be looking in the mirror in case he "hooks up" off the line and let him know I am old school and will "hold my line" in case he accidently "Hole shots" me!...... Can't wait to catch up....like Rod says....don't forget the Chilly Binz!! See ya Friday Chaps...you are all Champions in my book. Regards, Tony Rutherford