Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic Sport Sedans

chocolate fish will be provided, but cant get the Jim Boyd article to you .

Too all the crew at HD Ice Breaker, thanks for a great show on Saturday, good to meet some new cars and people and look forward to seeing everyone at the Festival, this has the potential to be a really good class and put on a great show. Great to hear those cars again at full noise (impressive). Cars looked great.
    Sorry I was not there on Sunday but I had to slip off.

See you ALL at the Festival.

Too the drivers who attended the briefing in shed 1 on Saturday, we had a 'guest' who mentioned about holding your line, to those who did not pick him, was Robbie Francevic who told me these are his favourite cars and he did not want to see any damage.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 09-15-2014 at 01:52 AM.

http://www.theroaringseason.com/atta...4&d=1410671967

Check out my 'Mix of Pics thread' - bottom of the page.

Due to the demands on my time with handicap calculations and doing the starts with young Carter, I didn't spend too much time out trackside, but was grateful of the shelter afforded by the timing box!

Mind you, some regular poster on here was sitting on HEATED SEATS!

Well done for the drivers who ventured out in appalling conditions at times on the Sunday. By the time I left about 3pm Sunday, I think that panel damage was limited to an innocent BMW who was collected in someone else's spin exiting turn 1 and a Formula Ford.

There may have been other problems after I left, but at least our guys managed to come away unscathed bodily. Mechanically it was a different story...
    Last edited by ERC; 09-26-2014 at 11:00 AM.

OK folks, here are the details on Ralfs car, Chev Monte Carlo, he had a ball in our group which always welcomes OSCAs -

Hi John,
    I started building this car in 1995 and it was finished in 2000.
    I ran it in one S.I. Osca round in 2001.
    I used the engine transmission, and rear axle out of the Mazda RX7 that John Telford now has. (the red Fuchs oil machine)
    It is a 358 Cheverolet. (around 550 horse power)
    A Saenz H pattern 5 speed gear box, a Speedway Engineering quick change rear end.
    Brembo front brakes, AP rear brakes, Simmons 5x5 wheels.
    It is a basic car, built to South Island Osca specs, as in the year 1995.
    Hope this all helps, thanks very much for your phone calls etc,
    see you soon,
    kind regards
    Ralph and Denise Mossman.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 09-26-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Supertourers is that the best they could do this weekend,boring,don't no about you lot out there in little old nz this class is not working.You would get more there with say 5 of the old sport sedans that are out there.it may take sometime but this class will come back, but like most things today you have to have some $s to do this

Yep you are right, fire some of those $s my way.

It is great to see the cars that have come out of hiding, and as you say it will get better.

Ok you are in the know,just off the top of your head would you have a list of the cars that are out there that with a bit of work could be made to run again.

the only good thing about the S/tourers was some of the teams/drivers reading and understanding the rules. those who did so should be rewarded. Well Done

And for Cunningham, having radio contact to be told the race had been declared wet just before the start, really shows the advantage of modern communication.

I agree with you John, on the ball thinking. but i disagree about communications. driver should know what to do, should not need to be told or have a declaration made

I will be racing at Pukekohe this Saturday in HMC - TACOC meeting - weather permitting.
    Owing to sickness, I was not able to have a meeting with the HSS drivers at the Ice Breaker.
    If possible would like to have a lunchtime group meeting with as many as possible if you are going out to watch

In relation to the proposed meeting, I will not be at Pukekohe tomorrow, so will catch up with people by phone /email.
    Looks real wet for the weekend, and Falcon doesnt have gumboots.

hire a jet boat John boy.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Run it on the slicks John & steer with the fingertips ( your a no gloves man..) pretend there is a rotten egg between feet & pedals, character building stuff, who am I to argue....

Jack- absolutely a hands on, gloves off man, we dont argue on much as AB tells me. We chatted for 2 hours the other night.
    My views on Pukekohe with the lack of drainage, and the concrete walls restricting even further drainage and safety ,I have posted here.
    At Hampton Downs last year in Dec, it was raining and I went out on my drys-only 4 of us it was so bad- and had a ball ,,steering with the jandal.
    Difference- HD drains and has room to fall off. Puke doesnt, and is unsafe -not only my views.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Run it on the slicks John & steer with the fingertips ( your a no gloves man..) pretend there is a rotten egg between feet & pedals, character building stuff, who am I to argue....
    But you're a tough Southern Man, Jac. And used to racing in the rain, no doubt. LOL

Hey John, I did a practice day there on Friday (3rd) and it was mostly wet and slippery as hell, had a moment just before the hill, all I could think about was CONCRETE! Castrol was awful as well, even the front wouldn't point where I wanted it too!
    Dayle ITM Falcon

The entries are now open for the Ganley Festival, HSS will be one year on, and 4 race weekends run with virtually no hasstles or incidents.
    In all, a great start and more cars are being completed.
    I will be publishing a list of cars we have available to run and hopefully they will be there.
    Also I will be putting up some of the cars that used to run and maybe that will jog a few memories.
    In the meantime if you have or know of a Sports Sedan , Osca , Allcomer from that period that would like to be on the grid, please PM me.
    It sounds a long time to mid January, but we all know- time is our greatest enemy.

Name:  IMG_0100.JPG
Views: 895
Size:  82.3 KB
    Heres another one that has come out of the woodwork to get people salivating.
    Went into storage, then sat waiting all this time for a class to come along.
    Owner and I have known each other 5 plus years and now he really wants to come out and enjoy the moment, first run will be January NSS.
    Craigys car ran in Sports Sedans and at the end, Tranzam Lites at Baypark (last meeting I think)
    This is a genuine XBGT Coupe, same as it ran last, unrestored.....MIGHTY.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-14-2014 at 10:27 AM.