Thread: Ferrari Festival

Ferrari Festival

Thread ended! Enough agro on here without me creating more!
    Last edited by touringcarfan; 12-03-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Two weekends is brilliant. With some festivals attracting overseas cars and spectators, having two meetings without packing up and shifting (as in the earlier Festivals) has to make sense, particularly given the atrocious weather drowning some cars in the inedequate garages at Pukekohe.

Drivers and supporters have time to fettle/repair cars and also enjoy the NZ summer (not withstanding the above comment!) making a trip to NZ for Northern hemisphere residents an attractive proposition.

IF we can get to the stage over-subscribed classes, there is the opportunity to see slightly different cars each weekend, with preference probably given to overseas cars and south islanders. The McLaren meeting still ranks as one of the best meetings we have seen here but overseas drivers need a minimum of two weekends, (three if you count Taupo, more if you count the Southern Festival of speed) to make the effort worthwhile.

And not just overseas teams, South Island teams too. Dragging a car all the way up to Hampton Downs form the South Island is a pretty committed effort, so being able to get two weekends of racing in makes the effort worthwhile. Like overseas entrants, those from the South Island will either take a weeks holiday in between the two weekends, or fly back home on the Monday, work all week, then fly back in for the second weekend of racing. I think the two weekend thing is a great idea.

Thanks Ray and Steve for your replies regarding the need for 2 weekends. This is what I was told from dad and on reflection makes sense when taking the overseas competitors into account.

As you can see I went back and wiped my original post. There are new threads and I will reply on those.

Anthony