Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
Very accurate John. I worked with Norm and Engine Rebuilders in Union Street Auckland when he had it as a road car with the flat head V8 in it....I may have already said this on another thread but we used to howl around Queen Street in it......I remember hanging on to the roll cage in the back...(only had two front seats)... as we drew straws who would ride in the front. Great days........I had a 34' Ford flathead at the time and used to "Smoke " the MCConnachie brothers off until they put a 272 Y block into their '34. ..........AND yes the Custaxie then got a Y block 272 (original type of motor the car came out with from factory...) and Cooza Thompson ..(Croydens brother dragged it down at Wiri...) Don't know what happened to it after that because Cooza fell off the scene (after 44 gallon drums of peanut oil went missing and he took the fall....the story goes..)... But Robbie did tell me it ended up at the tip buried along with all sorts of other good stuff in those days. Damn shame really. But YES I can confirm AD does write fact in this story. See ya soon....Kindest regards Tony Rutherford. P.S. Custaxie...I will see if I can find that mag you speak of mate. Hate shoddy reporting myself but I guess by the time some of these reporters get their knowledge it's better than the original we started! Merry Christmas folk.
Whats norms Family name.