Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAGAZINES

Got called away as i was about to put this story up, by a phone call from those out there who deal with cancer so it was a long day ,and was not in the mood at what i see has been put up here.

World Champion
    Ah well, there you go. I knew we would get shot down sooner or later. Was fun while it lasted.......

Just like to wish everyone a happy Christmas, and maybe we will catch at a meeting some time soon.

No worries CUSTAXIE50 - this thread has been entertaining.

And it achieved a new record ... 23 posts about absolutely nothing!!!
    Last edited by John B; 12-13-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    No worries CUSTAXIE50 - this thread has been entertaining.

And it achieved a new record ... 23 posts about absolutely nothing!!!
    Make that 24

CUSTAXIE50- so what was in the mag that prompted you to start this thread, can you tell us please?

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    You cant believe all what you read in some magazines today can you.
    May have been cut short, but even so an excellent, pertinent observation and a worthy post..

Forums are cluttered with invalid advice, provided by so called experts, who read only from magazines and even then only the advertisements. These numb skulls always claim to know the absolute facts, and the like minded agree with them and add to the ongoing fantasies. LOL

“Pay special attention to evidence that contradicts your beliefs”

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Emson View Post
    “Pay special attention to evidence that contradicts your beliefs”
    ...yes, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    CUSTAXIE50- so what was in the mag that prompted you to start this thread, can you tell us please?
    Dont know if you have nz classic car march 2010,if you do have it did you read the story on page 63 put up by Helen and Denis Le Cren on the re birth of the Custaxie.Dont know where they got that story from do you,also Don Anderson from classic driver has got it wrong a number of times also,dont they do there home work first.

Dont have that issue, but...
    OK- try this...
    Classic Driver Aug/Sept 2012 Issue 44, page 12-
    Allan Dick states Norm Shepherd bought the engineless Custaxie shortly after the series and fitted a side valve motor, seats, head and taillamps and used it on the road.
    Des Hammill states it had a Y-block., also Gen Walmesley knows a lot more-mate of Kevin and Croydon.
    How accurate are these 2 would you say,please?
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 12-17-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Dont know if you have nz classic car march 2010,if you do have it did you read the story on page 63 put up by Helen and Denis Le Cren on the re birth of the Custaxie.Dont know where they got that story from do you,also Don Anderson from classic driver has got it wrong a number of times also,dont they do there home work first.
    As I suspect that most of us don't have that article, are you able to put it up for us to read. And I am NOT taking the piss when I say that you seem to be very close to the original car, so perhaps you might post the corrections you believe to be more correct. In this way we will get what you think is correct for future reference.

OK- try this...
    Allan Dick states Norm Shepherd bought the engineless Custaxie shortly after the series and fitted a side valve motor, seats, head and taillamps and used it on the road.
    Des Hammill states it had a Y-block., also Gen Walmesley knows a lot more-mate of Kevin and Croydon.
    Dont know what Allan Dick may have said in 2012,will just have to take your word for it.Dont know who Des or gen are,may have seen the names of kevin and Croydon in nz HotRod.

OK- try this...
    Very accurate John. I worked with Norm and Engine Rebuilders in Union Street Auckland when he had it as a road car with the flat head V8 in it....I may have already said this on another thread but we used to howl around Queen Street in it......I remember hanging on to the roll cage in the back...(only had two front seats)... as we drew straws who would ride in the front. Great days........I had a 34' Ford flathead at the time and used to "Smoke " the MCConnachie brothers off until they put a 272 Y block into their '34. ..........AND yes the Custaxie then got a Y block 272 (original type of motor the car came out with from factory...) and Cooza Thompson ..(Croydens brother dragged it down at Wiri...) Don't know what happened to it after that because Cooza fell off the scene (after 44 gallon drums of peanut oil went missing and he took the fall....the story goes..)... But Robbie did tell me it ended up at the tip buried along with all sorts of other good stuff in those days. Damn shame really. But YES I can confirm AD does write fact in this story. See ya soon....Kindest regards Tony Rutherford. P.S. Custaxie...I will see if I can find that mag you speak of mate. Hate shoddy reporting myself but I guess by the time some of these reporters get their knowledge it's better than the original we started! Merry Christmas folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Very accurate John. I worked with Norm and Engine Rebuilders in Union Street Auckland when he had it as a road car with the flat head V8 in it....I may have already said this on another thread but we used to howl around Queen Street in it......I remember hanging on to the roll cage in the back...(only had two front seats)... as we drew straws who would ride in the front. Great days........I had a 34' Ford flathead at the time and used to "Smoke " the MCConnachie brothers off until they put a 272 Y block into their '34. ..........AND yes the Custaxie then got a Y block 272 (original type of motor the car came out with from factory...) and Cooza Thompson ..(Croydens brother dragged it down at Wiri...) Don't know what happened to it after that because Cooza fell off the scene (after 44 gallon drums of peanut oil went missing and he took the fall....the story goes..)... But Robbie did tell me it ended up at the tip buried along with all sorts of other good stuff in those days. Damn shame really. But YES I can confirm AD does write fact in this story. See ya soon....Kindest regards Tony Rutherford. P.S. Custaxie...I will see if I can find that mag you speak of mate. Hate shoddy reporting myself but I guess by the time some of these reporters get their knowledge it's better than the original we started! Merry Christmas folk.
    Whats norms Family name.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Shepherd according to post #30 above

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Shepherd according to post #30 above
    No post 33.

#30 - Norm Shepherd bought the engineless Custaxie

I gather we are not going to get to see the article which started this thread with corrections?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Right Custaxie 50, I went upstairs & found the article in question in that issue of classic car, Sooo what part of the article is not correct?... & before anyone else ask's, no I dont have a scanner

[QUOTE=Jac Mac;36484]Right Custaxie 50, I went upstairs & found the article in question in that issue of classic car, Sooo what part of the article is not correct?... & before anyone else ask's, no I dont have a scanner[/QUOTE Robbie getting his hands on custaxie 1 again.