Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAGAZINES

Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=CUSTAXIE50;36490]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Right Custaxie 50, I went upstairs & found the article in question in that issue of classic car, Sooo what part of the article is not correct?... & before anyone else ask's, no I dont have a scanner[/QUOTE Robbie getting his hands on custaxie 1 again.
    So this would be the paragraph that your raising doubts about,

( When the car eventually reappeared, it had been severely cut and much was missing. The current owner had many customlines and expressed an interest in restoring the Custaxi. When asked for his help with a possible restoration, Robbie said that only he could do this as only he knew the car well enough to do the job. As a result, Robbie purchased the car himself. Peter Talley and John Miller then persuaded him to bring the legend back to life ----------{ perhaps this sentence should also be included}----------"they began with half a car, back body only- no front and no doors. ).

Can I assume that you would like to correct some of the above?
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 12-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Very accurate John. I worked with Norm and Engine Rebuilders in Union Street Auckland when he had it as a road car with the flat head V8 in it....I may have already said this on another thread but we used to howl around Queen Street in it......I remember hanging on to the roll cage in the back...(only had two front seats)... as we drew straws who would ride in the front. Great days........I had a 34' Ford flathead at the time and used to "Smoke " the MCConnachie brothers off until they put a 272 Y block into their '34. ..........AND yes the Custaxie then got a Y block 272 (original type of motor the car came out with from factory...) and Cooza Thompson ..(Croydens brother dragged it down at Wiri...) Don't know what happened to it after that because Cooza fell off the scene (after 44 gallon drums of peanut oil went missing and he took the fall....the story goes..)... But Robbie did tell me it ended up at the tip buried along with all sorts of other good stuff in those days. Damn shame really. But YES I can confirm AD does write fact in this story. See ya soon....Kindest regards Tony Rutherford. P.S. Custaxie...I will see if I can find that mag you speak of mate. Hate shoddy reporting myself but I guess by the time some of these reporters get their knowledge it's better than the original we started! Merry Christmas folk.
    You said i worked with norm and engine rebuilders in union street auckland, when he had it as a road car with the flat head V8 in it etc-etc,so norm was a mate of yours.What was his full name could you tell me that thanks.

Sorry mate haven't been on site for a while. Yes his name is Norm Shepherd.....he has moved out of Auckland and I hear he resides in Taranaki now. Unsure exactly where sorry. Hard case Ginga bloke as memory would have it! Allan Dick was speaking with him and he was going to make contact with me......I will try and find Allan's e mail and see if I can find out for you. Regards, Tony Rutherford.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Sorry mate haven't been on site for a while. Yes his name is Norm Shepherd.....he has moved out of Auckland and I hear he resides in Taranaki now. Unsure exactly where sorry. Hard case Ginga bloke as memory would have it! Allan Dick was speaking with him and he was going to make contact with me......I will try and find Allan's e mail and see if I can find out for you. Regards, Tony Rutherford.
    This is a new one on me Tony.

POST #42.......Just a late answer from this mate............quite late though. Sorry . Tony Rutherford.