Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRS quiz

TRS quiz

The Bruce McLaren Trust used to run a mid winter trivia night. I did the questions for what I think was the last one.

Rod mentioned in the Indy Roadsters thread that he'd want GeeBee on his quiz team and that got me thinking...dangerous I know...but what about a winter 2014 TRS get together/trivia night.

Any team that is prepared to fly a certain London based Kiwi TRSer in is guaranteed victory!

Yep Michael, you, Mr McKinney, GeeBee and me sounds like a good team (for me anyway)

Well Mr Clark, if you can give FROM MEMORY the background as to how a journalist finished on the podium at his home Formula One Grand Prix in 1956, then I will come along and go up against you so your victory is hard fought!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Well Mr Clark, if you can give FROM MEMORY the background as to how a journalist finished on the podium at his home Formula One Grand Prix in 1956, then I will come along and go up against you so your victory is hard fought!!!!
    You'll have to come with something more difficult than Paul Frere to trouble Mr Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    You'll have to come with something more difficult than Paul Frere to trouble Mr Clark.

Sorry Milan, how did I overlook you for the team, better you take my position and I will manage the protests etc.

That was the easiest EVER!

Beat me to it too... Easy.

I nearly overlooked this thread as I thought it referred to the Toyota Race Series.

OK, another easy one for many of you, from memory: Name Bira's ERAs.
    Last edited by ERC; 12-26-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Getting married was one.

romulus , *(or something similar)

Semi-Pro Racer
    ERC. Not too difficult as you say . They were of course Romulus and Remus. The ERA is an interesting historic as I understand they are now a lot quicker than they ever were in period. I think its a lot more than just tyres.Could it be titanium rods etc.

Rod to be on a quiz team with you McKinney and Michael Clark would be such an honour I wouldn't have to answer anything. To let you into a secret I have owned over 100 cars and the only V8 had Rover on the grill. In spite of that I love all the stuff on here about racing Mustangs, Camaros, Falcon coupes etc. And seeing those all-comers race again.

Graeme Banks

Semi-Pro Racer
    Romulus, Remus and Hanuman

Well done David. Most seem to forget Hanuman (R12B/C). Romulus R2B, Remus R5B - though I had to check the numbers.

"Remus" was the car that always stirred my blood as it was driven with such gusto by the Hon Patrick Lindsay and seemed to be at just about every meeting that had a class for historic cars - including a support class at British GP meetings.

Next question?
    Last edited by ERC; 12-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I'm happy to volunteer to prepare the questions - all we need is a venue and a date...

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post

Next question?

What was the name of the Team that entered the Bira ERAs?

White Mouse Racing? - from memory...

Jim Clark and Romulus?

When and where?

^^^^
    Maybe it was the Hon. Patrick Lindsay's Remus at Rouen 1964

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Romulus, Remus and Hanuman
    Which one of the three raced in New Zealand in the late 1980's

Semi-Pro Racer
    From memory, I think it was are-creation of Hanuman