Thread: MSNZ Certificate of Description

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WOW, would love to get back into the sport but after reading the above its enough to put you off.Spend time building up a car to your best knowledge and then have it rejected [!!!!!!!], why would you bother,then after you have saved up and bought a racecar to have it knocked back for some simple thing like brakes. Once raced a Bugeye Sprite fitted with a supercharger and running MG Midget disc brakes on the front........now it seems it would spend its time in the paddock arguing with officials.Where has the simple racing gone,wasent it the idea just to go out and enjoy the racing,winning although nice was not the that important.It seems to me that a small band of wantabe racers have spoilt it for others.A lot of these types are newbies and never did any motorsport back in the dim darks and now want to prove they are faster than the original owners of the cars they have recreated and over improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Hollings View Post
    WOW, would love to get back into the sport but after reading the above its enough to put you off.Spend time building up a car to your best knowledge and then have it rejected [!!!!!!!], why would you bother,then after you have saved up and bought a racecar to have it knocked back for some simple thing like brakes. Once raced a Bugeye Sprite fitted with a supercharger and running MG Midget disc brakes on the front........now it seems it would spend its time in the paddock arguing with officials.Where has the simple racing gone,wasent it the idea just to go out and enjoy the racing,winning although nice was not the that important.It seems to me that a small band of wantabe racers have spoilt it for others.A lot of these types are newbies and never did any motorsport back in the dim darks and now want to prove they are faster than the original owners of the cars they have recreated and over improved.
    Ross, you hit the nail fair and square on the head!!!

Oh how true.
    Just go and race.
    The big money bunch will get fedup without competition. let the real racing start.

What do you mean "put you off" Ross? this is exactly the idea of this forum posting, "sorting out historic saloon car issues"(Touring Cars Nezder) if you spent time and money building a car to the said rules as i mention in post 26, ask questions, have tech guys check if your unsure, your car won't be rejected, how can it be? and it certainly wont be at the track!! and if you "bought" a race car surely you'd check what class it fits first before you handed over any dosh, wouldn't you? hell i would.

You see, it is simple and there's no arguing with officials if your vehicle is built historically correct to class rules and that is pretty simple to me but i can see that your supercharged Bugeye Sprite running MG disc is EXACTLY the problem we have "its a cheater car" and because you thought it was OK to build it to benefit from the added technology(as Oldfart mentions in post 27) you've just forced others to do the same and this is exactly the current problem we have with NZ old car racing(i hate the word Classic as everything is a classic these days, i call it Historic or old car), the next guy will then build a Rover V8 powered Bugeye Sprite with bigger mono block brakes so he can beat you as he see's you doing just that and on and on it goes around in a vicious circle until those with the proper cars stay away and the field eventually explodes, or as happens in most case's you just get "out spent" by those that are prepared to do what it takes.

So all this is nothing to do with a small band of wanta be racers or those from the dim dark ages of motorsport, there is currently a HUGE world wide interest in old car(Historic or Vintage for the Yanks) racing because most see it as an affordable sport and hobby and even young people are intested and one can do it at a leisure, and you don't have to be a professional racer!! you see "Historic" motorsport should be no different than someone playing golf or going fishing this weekend but unfortunately we do need rules on vehicle eligibility which we currently do have under T&C and Schedule K its just a bit difficult to understand, and nothing is enforced or checked at this level which is what must change.

Jacmac, maaaate i had to go to the Doc today as well, damn fell outta my chair after reading your post, put me bloody back out, LOL!! but no, seriously were all human and i enjoy difference of opinion and the cheerful banter, it goes to show we're generally all on the same wave lenght and are trying to achieve a better level in our choosen hobby, long may it continue.

Gerald, yeah 800HP figgen in my dreams!!!!! those Aussie just didn't like that i had a handle on them, LOL

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-10-2014 at 08:44 AM.