There is some stuff on Paul's Facebook that is probably valid, but this is not the best place to publish our criticisms.

On the TM message board there is also a thread about reduced numbers at Kumeu. What we have to accept is that this the high season and of course there are going to be many events on at or around the same time. That is never going to change.

May I suggest that valid criticisms of the Festival are channelled to the organising committee?

I have my own take on the Festival and I know that many others do, but this is a local initiative and we should applaud the fact that we even have a Festival that draws a far better crowd than almost any other motorsport event in NZ.

The only statement on Paul's post that I would challenge at this stage, is that the Lyon's family make this annual pilgrimage (as do one or two others) and I have no doubt that they wouldn't bother for just one weekend. Two weekends is fine by me but having Taupo immediately before certainly affects many locals.