Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Cheers Dale, but please read and take note of Habu's post above. Whereas all other events we participate in throughout the year are totally competitor financed and spectators are often admitted free, the same rules do not apply to the Festival.

This is a very commercial enterprise and therefore I believe, rightly or wrongly, that in this case, we must seriously consider spectator appeal ahead of one or two other considerations. It is probably the only event around here other than the Aussie V8s that gets decent press coverage and a good paying crowd and is certainly the premier classic event in the area.

Habu, if you want to send me a private message with your email address, I would appreciate your comment on a suggestion I have for next year and I need feedback from paying spectators before I formally put it to the Festival committee.

As one who remembers Howden Ganley in F1, I know that he is less well known than McLaren, Amon and Hulme, BMW or Ferrari, so I think it is critical that next year, that we can guarantee spectators get value for money both on and off the track.
Thank you for the reply - PM sent.

Habu